Menu

Anyone know how to freeze strawberries?

With vegetables, you'd have to blanch them first, and then freeze them. Strawberries are a lot easier. Wash them, core them, and then spread them out on a cookie sheet & stick them in the freezer. When they're frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag. If you want to cut them up, I would do that prior to freezing them because they will be a little mushier when they come out of the freezer than when they went into the freezer.

What I've done in the past is just take the stems out and leave them whole, spread them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until they are frozen then bag them up. You can put them in serving size bags or just big gallon freezer bags just reach in and get the amount you want for a serving. This method works best without too much water washing before freezing or they will get really mushy. I usually rinse them quickly and then spread them on a towel and let them dry a bit before putting them in the freezer.

Broccoli, Caulifower : I think you have to blanche them first to have them freeze well.

Zucchini : I always freeze it only for the purpose of making bread/cake and I just shred it and put it in the freezer bags in the right quantity for the recipes I use.

Hope it works well for you.