Menu

Would you start RS A at 4.5?

Sylvia is moving through the Singapore EB books - we're on 1B now. Right Start has ended up working well for Becca though, and Sylvia has learned some things just by sitting in on the lessons. So eventually I'd like her to do RS as well. When we finish EB 1B, would you just move her into RS A at a sort of slow pace? I don't want to race through it if she wouldn't be ready for B in a year - both girls are more accelerated in LA than math. If you wouldn't recommend RS A, what light structured math would you do? Aren't the Singapore EB 2 books just as challenging (if not more so)?

She's still my "free agent," but she likes to have a little structured schoolwork to dabble in from time to time. So... well, I don't have to give my speech here on the A-board, do I? ;)

I think this is when I started RS A for my daughter. She was either 4 1/2 or had just turned 5. I did 2 lessons a week and it worked out really well. I did make a conscious effort to stretch things out a bit with A and B because I didn't really want to finish RS in 3rd grade.

Lisa

I started Ariel in RS A at 4.5 and she thought it was great. She was actually disappointed when we finished. :lol: I need to remind myself to play the games more with B, though. Since they weren't scheduled for me, I would nearly always forget.

Would you start RightStart A at 4.5?

Absolutely, yes! Perfect timing! :D

My ds started RS A in April at 4.5yo supplemented the w/Singapore EB series (currently finishing up 2A and starting 2B). He will complete RS A shortly after he turns 5 at the end of July and we'll begin RS B in September for our official K5 year.

:001_smile: