Menu

Wii Storage

Well, we have all our mats (2 DDRs, 1 Outdoor Adventure) piled up in a corner of the living room. I was planning on getting a large, 3-drawer plastic bin from walmart today to put everything in (mats controllers). Our games are on our bookshelf. The controllers are in a wooden crate. It's just a mess.

If anyone has better suggestions, I'd love to hear them too.

K

we got a cd holder - the zip up kind - and took all the games out of their cases. It takes up much less space, all the games are in one spot, and if we need the case we can just get it out of the plastic bin in the garage. As far as all of the controllers, we have a woven/wicker type basket on the bottom shelf under the console and assorted other electronics that we just throw everything into. Not the most organized, but easy to clean up and mostly out of sight.

ETA: forgot to mention the drum set and guitars for rock band - no good spot for them, they just sit in front of one of the bookshelves. But hey, its a family/game/exercise/den room, so not that big a deal. If anyone has any tips on how to store the big things though, I'm all ears!

Edited by Aunty Social

We have a DVD bookshelf right next to our TV/entertainment center. The top shelf holds our games. We have the remote charger on the very top of the bookshelf. Everything else is in a wicker basket on the other side of the TV

I use some Shelf Cube storage from Target, search for item: B001TILK2Y

and use some canvas collapsible cubes similar to these: B000LRDTSW

They are available in shorter sizes that fit into the two shelf cube above. The cubes are stackable as well.

I have one of the 3 drawer units. Games go in one, controllers in another one, and the third one has the Gamecube games. The Wii fit board slided under the entertainment center, and rock band instruments are in the coat closet. The kids know to put everything back, or they loose the privilige. I do wish we had a larger drawer unit, but I used what I already had.