Menu

Blogs vs. ezines

Do you prefer to read blogs or ezines?  

1. 1. Do you prefer to read blogs or ezines?

• Blogs
    • Ezines

Would you rather read a blog or an ezine? For some time I've been writing an ezine on teaching and learning French. I usually prefer ezines for myself because I don't have to remember to go to the site, but now I'm wondering if other people prefer blogs. Can you vote, and tell me why if you wish. TIA!

Danielle

I don't have a preference - most "ezines" are blogs with a different name, as far as I can tell. I just subscribe to blogs I want to read daily (or whatever the update is).

I enjoy yours, though, whatever you want to call it, and First Start French. And thanks for the reminder - I need to update my email address so I keep getting your posts. :001_smile:

I prefer Blogs. I add the ones I like to my Google Reader, which organizes them for me and notifies me when they are updated. They're available when I choose to read them, filed by topic. Newsletters/ezines end up getting buried in my inbox. I see them, but I'm inevitably busy when I check my e-mail and promise myself I'll come back to them later. I hardly ever do, even if it was something I really wanted to read. I'm just more likely to read something if it's in Google Reader.

I prefer Blogs. I add the ones I like to my Google Reader, which organizes them for me and notifies me when they are updated. They're available when I choose to read them, filed by topic. Newsletters/ezines end up getting buried in my inbox. I see them, but I'm inevitably busy when I check my e-mail and promise myself I'll come back to them later. I hardly ever do, even if it was something I really wanted to read. I'm just more likely to read something if it's in Google Reader.

:iagree: ditto

I don't like a ton of emails, so I don't subscribe to anything...ever. I have even upset family members by asking them to not forward emails to me.

To me an overfilled inbox is like a mailbox full of junk mail.

I do keep a list of blogs in my favorites.