Menu

Two completed unrelated questions of the day....

First:

Are more people south of the equator left handed than right? I wouldn't have guessed so but then my physical therapist said that research shows that the pelvic tilt so prevalent in people is opposite there. Since ours favors the right side, I thought maybe theirs would favor the left?

Second:

Do rebounders/mini-trampolines on a wooden floor (even on carpet) make a noise like wild elephants trampling through? Or no, it doesn't make any sound other than the small spring sounds?

The answer to the first question is no.....perhaps there are more lefties than in the Northern Hemisphere, but there are NOT more lefties than righties in the Southern Hemisphere.

I grew up South of the Equator.

Dawn

I strongly suspect the difference in pelvic tilt is entirely due to lifestyle difference, and is not a variation due to some sort of planetary effect.

A quick Googling didn't turn up any evidence that left-handedness is more common in the southern hemisphere. I wouldn't have expected there to be, given my understanding of how handedness is determined.

Do rebounders/mini-trampolines on a wooden floor (even on carpet) make a noise like wild elephants trampling through? Or no, it doesn't make any sound other than the small spring sounds?

It makes a deep, though loud, noise. That doesn't bother me nearly as much as all the furniture in the room that shakes. I took one look at the TV shaking and moved the trampoline to the basement.