Menu

Math Curricula Advice - review program for Singapore student?

Bambam

We have used Singapore since the beginning for my oldest dd. We stopped and tried a couple of other programs, but I prefer Singapore. I had her use Key to Fractions when she was having trouble understanding Fractions, but other than that, we have been slowly but surely going through the Singapore series. However, she does have trouble remembering exactly how you do past types of math problems (multiple digit mult, finding LCD, etc) but if I simply start to ask a question leading her, she says "Oh, I remember now," and gets to work. I would like to find a program that we can use daily to give her more practice of past concepts so we won't have these episodes! I have printed various pages off the internet, made my own, etc, but I want something already put together that I can just assign a page or two daily.

We used Math Minutes last year, which was pretty successful, but very simplistic. I'll looking for something better, not so simplistic, not extremely challenging, but not 'baby food' either. I thought perhaps another program- maybe the past grade level workbook? Any ideas?

TIA

We had an occasional "oh now I remember" and then it was pretty well cemented. Also, there were sections at the end of each CWP book that had mixed problems, which gave him even a little more review after going through the topics one at a time.

Hope this helps!

I've been using Daily Math Practice workbooks from Evan-Moor. You can see the entire workbook online at http://www.evanmoor.com . It has some problems that Singapore doesn't teach (like coordinate graphing, probability, etc), but I just teach that on the spot and we move on.

The tutor that I used to work with recommends Math4Today workbooks, but my dd couldn't handle the visual layout of that program.

You can find both of these programs at Rainbow Resource and often at your local bookstore as well.

I match the Daily Math Practice workbook number to the level of Singapore we're using. My dd started Daily Math Practice grade 5 just two weeks after she started Singapore 5A.