Menu

Would this bother you?

A local author has published a new edition of her book. You go to a very small author event (less than 10 people in attendance). At the event, you buy the new edition. The author, who knows that you have read her previous edition, tells you that she hasn't had much feedback on the difference between the two editions and asks you to let her know what you think. She gives you a business card with a personal email (not just the generic email for her website). So, as you read the new edition, you take notes and write up a mostly positive review of the new edition. You email it to her. And then, you hear nothing. It's been over two months and she hasn't even sent a one-line "Thank you."

Would this bother you?

Yes, but it is also my nature to want responses on just about every correspondence I send out, so take my yes with a grain of salt :D

I would let this go for now and possibly discuss it more with her if you happen to go to another book event. I would not, however, plan to do this again for her in the future unless you really enjoy doing this kind of stuff anyways.

HTH!

Diane

I would give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe the email got lost in cyberspace or maybe it ended up in her spam box. Maybe she was busy and didn't respond promptly and it has slipped her mind. There are many possibilities here for why she hasn't responded.

I would send a follow up email. If she fails to respond to that, then I would let it go.

JMHO

If you want to make sure she receives it, check the box where you receive a return receipt before you send the email. If I remember right it is under tools or something like that.

I would also give her the benefit of the doubt. If she is out promoting her new book, she just make not have had time to respond or even carefully look at what you have written. She may not even realize if she has opened it that she didn't reply.

lol, that sortof thing bothers me a little- also not getting swift responses from people I email, as i tend to feel that everyone must check their email several times a day like me.

But, even though I might get a little bothered I dont really think its anyone else's problem,and its one of those things thats best let go of.