Menu

Does anyone else have this problem?

I frequently have problems finding what I want to buy. For instance, one of my dd has a Sauder (self-assembly) tv stand. It is oak with two shelves for electronic components and one drawer from media. Another dd now needs one for her room but in cherry. Now it doesn't have to be from Sauder or even self-assembly, it just needs to be reasonably priced. I can't find one anywhere. I have already visited every store around here and searched the internet with no luck.

Another dd wants a futon bunkbed in black but it must not have any sharp corners and it needs to be reasonably priced. I can find one on the internet but it will not ship here.

Every Halloween finds us trooping all over town looking for some item we can't find.

At Christmas I was looking for a marshmellow gun. I finally found one but had to drive quite a ways to get it.

I could be looking for something as basic as white, wide ruled, loose leaf notebook paper and not be able to find it.

How is it that whatever specific item I am looking for is never available? I have had this problem for as long as I remember even if the item is so basic that you would think it would be a standard item everywhere. Is it that I am just too picky? Do other people just say I need a whatever and any size, shape, color and price will do and they just buy the first whatever they come across?

All. the. time. :glare:

I don't know if it's where I live, or what, but, we were looking for bookshelves and couldn't find them anywhere! Now, after months of looking and finally finding some, I see them all over the place. What's up with that?

I like to think that I am a trend setter. Sometimes I will use something for a novel purpose or buy and obscure item see it everywhere six months later.

How is it that whatever specific item I am looking for is never available? I have had this problem for as long as I remember even if the item is so basic that you would think it would be a standard item everywhere.

For some things it might depend on what time of year it is. For example, this spring I was looking for colored or glitter hairspray. Apparently it's predominately a Halloween item, so it was very difficult to find. I checked Walmart, Target, the grocery store, a very large beauty supply store, and finally found it at a small beauty supply store.

For me it always happens when my kids need clothes. I don't care what size they are in, what season it is, or where I shop - department store or Goodwill - when my kids are in serious need of clothing or shoes, their size is always almost completely sold out. It happened again 2 weeks ago when I realized my son's underware was not only in bad shape it was painfully too small. When I went to WalMart every brand in his size was sold out. I had to go to 4 stores before I found 3 pairs in his size. :tongue_smilie: