Menu

Does Oak Meadow ever have a sale time?

Caitilin

Does anyone here know? TIA!

Caitilin

They have one every spring in April/May. This year it was just May. If you are still in the market and looking for a discount, Oak Meadow also sells their own curriculum on amazon.com. Look for Oak Meadow Seconds. They have used, older, and returned items for sale there. You can often pick up things for 25%-40% off regular price.

You have to be careful of what you order off the Amazon site, though, to make sure it is the exact item you want. I would recommend finding the items you want on the Amazon site and then calling the Oak Meadow office and ask to order them straight from them. Mention the Amazon site and that you want to make sure you are ordering the right editions. They will help you, and send the items straight from their warehouse. I got my curriculum from them this way last year. I was able to get all the pieces I needed and saved about 35% overall.

Edited by Audrey

I agree with Audrey about Oak Meadow Seconds, as well as with her idea of calling to be sure you're getting what you need. A woman named Crystal handles the Amazon sales, and she is very helpful. She's also lightning-fast about shipping orders!

I have spoken with two other OM phone reps as well, and I was very impressed with their knowledge and service -- the best part was that they went out of their way to be sure I didn't buy anything that I didn't really need.

Don't worry about having missed the sale -- the Amazon prices are much cheaper, and the books I ordered arrived in beautiful condition.

Cat

The sale was kind of a bummer this year. Only 10% off most stuff, when in the past it has always been 20% off curriculum materials.

In addition to the OM_HS yahoogroup, there's also the more general waldorfcurriculum-supplies yahoogroup. The latter moves very quickly and has no archives online, so I'd suggest signing up for individual messages. If you sign up for digest, popular items will be snatched up before you even get the message. Feel free to post WTB messages in both groups.

I see OM materials pop up pretty frequently on vegsource and homeschool classifieds (link goes to Publisher's name starts with "O") as well....

Good luck!