Menu

Where to find Conceptual physics teacher editions

I have the 7th edition Conpectual Physics by Hewitt student book. I would like to have the teacher edition so I have the answers to the questions. I have tried Amazon and ebay (although I don't think they allow TE to be sold) with no luck.

Anyone know where to find them?

Karen

Maybe contact the publisher? I am guessing that the 7th edition is out of print then maybe they will have some old versions of teacher editions laying around. Just a guess...

How about give a week of your life to the search? That's what I did. I can tell you that the ISBN for the 7th Edition "Conceptual Physics" Instructor's Manual (with the lightning storm on the front) is 0673541460. Please, why should you be confused just because there is a HIGH SCHOOL Conceptual Physics and a COLLEGE (but never says it is) Conceptual Physics, with numerous editions of each.

I am thinking that I bought this Instructor's Manual (it's not called a teacher's edition, really) from Textbooks Now. You should know that it does not give all the answers. It has copies of filled in "practice sheets" (sold separately) and answers to problems and exercises, but not the review questions in each chapter. PM me if you need more help. This was a very difficult task.

I just did a search for the instructors guide for the 9th edition. I found the following link. More than likely, the only real difference between the editions is the order of chapters. This is for Hewitt's.

http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/Lectures%20and%20Exercises/'>http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/Lectures%20and%20Exercises/'>http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/Lectures%20and%20Exercises/'>http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/Lectures%20and%20Exercises/

Also this is the main one.

http://www.andrews.edu/~mattingl/courses/phys115/HEWITT/

mission accomplished....I found a different edition of the teacher manual on Amazon for a reasonable price. I own student book 7th edition and I bought the teacher edition to go with the 9th edition...I think they will be very similiar. To the person that posted the link to the review question answers ...Thanks you....I have put the site into favorites on my computer and may even print out the answers...they do match up with our edition

Karen

mission accomplished....I found a different edition of the teacher manual on Amazon for a reasonable price. I own student book 7th edition and I bought the teacher edition to go with the 9th edition...I think they will be very similiar. To the person that posted the link to the review question answers ...Thanks you....I have put the site into favorites on my computer and may even print out the answers...they do match up with our edition

Karen

Thanks. Is this the college level one? We have the student text for the 9th edtion but my db sent us his sample copy which didn't include a TM.

Thanks. Is this the college level one? We have the student text for the 9th edtion but my db sent us his sample copy which didn't include a TM.

I don't know what level this is considered. From my point of view looking at the textbook we have I would consider it highschool level. I plan to use this text and then next year use a text(Saxon Physics) that has more math.

Karen

I don't know what level this is considered. From my point of view looking at the textbook we have I would consider it highschool level. I plan to use this text and then next year use a text(Saxon Physics) that has more math.

Karen

Thanks. I'll probably be able to figure it out. The one I have is for non-Physics majors in university, I think. My db said it would be enough for dd for gr 10 Physics; she's not planning on becoming a Physicist. Even if she were, I love the idea of learning the conceptual part first and the math part second.

Register with Pearson as a teacher, if you can. I did this several years ago with Prentice Hall before that company was acquired by Pearson. I had no teacher "credentials"; however, I told them that I had a masters, and dh had a Ph.D. I don't know if "playing the snobbery card" like that is what worked, or if they just were being fair-minded. I don't like to pursue that line of thinking -- unless I need to accomplish something, and am dealing with people who do judge others in such manner.

I do not have an instructor's manual, but I think the link I posted above may be a large part of it. Each chapter gives a suggested lecture presentation, along with a varitey of demonstrations. If you have an IM, please let me know if this is the case

physics changed in the last 20 years?

I found a 1987 version for 1 chf....It seems like physics is not like biology where it is hard to keep up...Anyone have info about major advances that would show up in this type book (making mine unusable)?

Nuttman - thanks for the helpful IM link...there is lots of info, esp on the Parent Directory link and the Lectures and Exercises link...

Also, for the labs, there is the link for supplemental Conc. Physics labs ....the teacher and student notes are free, each lab has the links for the notes....sometimes there is equipment to purchase but maybe possible to find elsewhere...

Edited by Joan in Geneva

How about give a week of your life to the search? That's what I did. I can tell you that the ISBN for the 7th Edition "Conceptual Physics" Instructor's Manual (with the lightning storm on the front) is 0673541460. Please, why should you be confused just because there is a HIGH SCHOOL Conceptual Physics and a COLLEGE (but never says it is) Conceptual Physics, with numerous editions of each.

because embedded within the link nuttman gave is another link where you can click on "complete revised assignment list" (then I clicked on a "web assign" link, then on the tab with "content", then on the "physics" link under "disciplines") with about 99 physics books and scrolling through them, near the top are the CP books with various editions, and near the bottom of the list are CP books with years which they say are the "high school" versions...Does that mean the top ones with editions are the college ones? It would fit with the syllabus that is for the 9th edition, as that's a college syllabus...there are pictures on all of them if anyone is looking for pics of the different editions...

Edited by Joan in Geneva
incorrect info