Menu

Help, please! My washer stinks!

We just moved into a rental. The washer that came with the place always gives off a mildew odor when my clothes are done, even when I take them out immediately. My laundry doesn't stink once it is dry (I had to do some laundry or wear dirty clothes!). However, the smell is annoying and can't be good, right?:confused: I leave the lid open when not in use, but it doesn't help. What can I do? Thanks!!!!!

SO, skip being green....after you check where ever stuff could be stuck....(in mine...a front loader....socks and such can be stuck in between the tub and plastic liner in the front...) poor hottish water in all of the openings (maybe with some vinegar...) and then do a bleach cycle. (Fan on...doors open....you on a walk??) Then do a load like white towels that you can do on hot..... Also, check your dryer. I soaked my towel in vinegar....wrung it out...wiped around the whole dryer tub...and dried till very dry...

Carrie:-)

There is a product called "Affresh" that is made to help stinky washers. These are pellets that you put in your washer and run through a cycle without clothing. I buy it at Home Depot. It's the only thing that has successfully eliminated the moldy smell from my washer. I use it once a month through the winter and sometimes more often in the summer.

HTH,

Leanna

There is a product called "Affresh" that is made to help stinky washers. These are pellets that you put in your washer and run through a cycle without clothing. I buy it at Home Depot. It's the only thing that has successfully eliminated the moldy smell from my washer. I use it once a month through the winter and sometimes more often in the summer.

HTH,

Leanna

I just bought at Walmart a similar product made by Tide. It worked.

in that other thread, a couple of people mentioned taking the washer apart, and I had the same problem, and I took it apart, and oh my goodness.....nassssssty! I looked up a couple of diagrams and instructions, and it ended up being really easy. There was a ton of black mold up at the top of the bin where the water didn't reach. I scraped all that out, and now I run a hot bleach cycle once a month to keep it clean.