Menu

Would you go to an urgent care center?

I have never been to one before, but I don't think this warrants an er visit. I also dont want to wait until Tue. to go to my regular doctor. I have been sick with what I thought was a basic cold for a few days. You know--sore throat, headache, runny nose. But, tonight my chest is hurting horribly and my sore throat has increased dramatically, headache and fatigue worse than I have ever experienced. I usually just let things like this pass on their own, but this one is rough. The only reason I hesitate to go is that I don't have a fever. Thanks for letting me moan and groan on this miserable Friday night.

Thanks so much. I am generally a reluctant patient. I don't think I've been to a doctor in 5 years except when I am pregant. But, maybe an antibiotic is is order this time. I have never had pneumonia, but this feels like what I think pneumonia would feel like. Except oddly no fever. You all are the best for listening to my whining. I wish I could just sleep it off with a big dose of cold medicine, but I am nursing so I don't really think there is anything I can take.

I would absolutely go! If it is open tomorrow get up and go first thing - get there before it opens to avoid what may be a busy waiting room. Just the aching chest would warrant a visit rather than waiting until next week.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Yes, I would go to an urgent care clinic. They are good for things like this. Make sure you go before they close. Many here close between 8 PM and midnight. I think more people should be wise in going to urgent care clinics instead of hospital emergency rooms.

Thanks for the Mucinex advise. I will grab some right before I beat my husband for his lack of compassion this morning (((Oh sorry--that slipped))). Apparently a trip to the urgent care center doesn't fit with the agenda for this Saturday (LOL). I am feeling a bit better this morning, but I still think an antibiotic might be good for this situation. Because its a holiday weekend I am going to go ahead and go so I don't have to wait until Tues.