Menu

Trying to unhigh jack a thread/Duvet

I am wondering when you use the Duvet and each of you have your own(a couple), what size to you use? We have a king size bed. I am wondering if a twin size duvet is big enough to go around an adult comfortably or if you need a full size for each person?

Also, has anyone use the wool ones and have you tried making your own with wool quilt bats? Seems like they would be much less expensive.

We don't do synthetic at our house.

I use a queen sized doona (we have a queen sized bed) and dh uses a single. That's only because that's what was in our cupboard. If I was buying one especially, I'd want one in between those two sizes.

I've not made one by the description you're talking about, but I'm sure you could fill a doona cover with a couple of woollen blankets and use that.

Rosie

I am wondering when you use the Duvet and each of you have your own(a couple), what size to you use? We have a king size bed. I am wondering if a twin size duvet is big enough to go around an adult comfortably or if you need a full size for each person?

Also, has anyone use the wool ones and have you tried making your own with wool quilt bats? Seems like they would be much less expensive.

We don't do synthetic at our house.

We have a king size bed, and a king size duvet. We only use it in the winter as it's incredibly warm! We purchased it in England; I'm not sure what the filling is.

A twin size duvet would comfortably go around a regular sized adult. I think if you were to put 2 fulls on a king bed, you'd have way too much overlap and bulk :D

Blessings,

Rita

We have a king-size duvet because we have a king-size bed.

My ds has a single bed & duvet.

A single is plenty large enough (imo) for an adult. Dh actually wants us to get the single-size duvets for our king-sized bed because he likes a lighter blanket & I like a heavier one.

So, I think 2 single-sized ones would be perfect for a king-sized bed (unless you're a type of person who likes to roll up entirely in the covers & then you might want to consider a full-size duvet...).

I also don't understand why a duvet is so much 'easier'.....you can certainly use a comforter as a duvet and omit the sheet.....

It also seems much easier to wash a comforter than a duvet 'cover'.....

And in Florida....I can't imagine having something made of 'down feathers'...on top of me, LOL. I know they said there were others for 'summer'.....but it seems it would be too hot also, LOL.

I like the fact that I can wash my whole comforter....and not just a cover for it.

I also don't understand why a duvet is so much 'easier'.....you can certainly use a comforter as a duvet and omit the sheet.....

It also seems much easier to wash a comforter than a duvet 'cover'.....

And in Florida....I can't imagine having something made of 'down feathers'...on top of me, LOL. I know they said there were others for 'summer'.....but it seems it would be too hot also, LOL.

I like the fact that I can wash my whole comforter....and not just a cover for it.

Our bedrooms are in the basement of our house and quite cool even in the summer. Most regular comforters are filled with polyester or some like product. I don't but synthetic products on our beds at all.

Our beds in the summer have a quilted spread, a couple of cotton blankets and a cotton sheet to cover us. To me doing this warm duvet/comforter with cover will be much easier. In the winter we may need to use to in the duvet cover but beings I am making them I will make them enough larger to accommodate that.

Dh doesn't need the warmth that I want, so 2 single duvets work great for us. I have a winter-weight inner in my duvet & dh has a summer-weight inner in his duvet now (its late autumn here). In the summer I have a summer-weight inner & dh uses only the cover with no inner.

JMHO,