Menu

Vaccinination schedules from the 1970's???

I know that, in the late 1980s, the CDC put out a notice that the MMR vac from, I think, 1965-1975 (maybe not quite that broad), had not held its efficacy. People who received it were asked to get another (I only remember this because I went to the county health van and got one).

I don't think the MMR vac lasts as long as they say regardless: My DS got Rubella (German measles) right before his 3rd and "final" MMR shot. I made them give him a MM shot instead.

a

I just reviewed mine as I recompiled my medical history. I had smallpox, a polio series, an MMR series, and a DPT series. I keep my Tenus up to date, and I screen regularly for TB exposure because of where I live. I had the chicken pox as a child. My husband keeps several more of his shots up to date and regularly take anti-malaria drugs because of his travels in the third world. His company takes care of monitoring these items and provides such protection to all their employees who travel, so I'm not up to date on his stuff.

I could not locate mine when I applied for grad school. I had to go to the doc and have some titres done. That showed what antibodies I had in my system, confirming either vaccination or acquired immunity. It was helpful later on when I became pregnant.

Anyway, if you cannot find the records, you can get some blood work done to fill in the blanks, if necessary.

I could not locate mine when I applied for grad school. I had to go to the doc and have some titres done. That showed what antibodies I had in my system, confirming either vaccination or acquired immunity. It was helpful later on when I became pregnant.

Anyway, if you cannot find the records, you can get some blood work done to fill in the blanks, if necessary.

this is what I'll need to have done. My mother died over a decade ago and the dr that I went to until I was 17 died - I have no idea how to get any of my youth medical records at all.