Menu

SOTW differences

Hi There,

So, I just purchased the SOTW cds done by Barbara....?? I'm wondering what differences I need to note between the older SOTW and the newer ones. I purchased the SOTW I and II. I'm excited, as I've heard that some really prefer listening to her. I'm going to make them available to my homeschool group, so I wanted to see if I can find out where the list is of the "updates" to the book.

Thanks!

Carrie

Where did you buy your CDs?

Apparently there is something not quite right with my wiring because I cannot bear to listen to Jim Weiss. I had been keeping my eye out for the earlier ones, but gave up my search.

Check it out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0974239119/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1242443058&sr=1-2&condition=used

$282.79! Very hard to find at a reasonable price....

Edited by Nicole M

I bought them right here....Lucky me, I suppose:-) And, don't let that turn you off to all of Jim Weiss' cds...The ones that are his own stories sound quite a bit different. I really like all of his, though....I just wanted this too....I'm a SOTW junkie....Is there a t-shirt for that??

Carrie:-)

Wow, I should unload my Vol. 1 and 2 read by her... not at $280 a pop, though.

If you decide to sell them, send me a PM! (But I definitely can't afford $280 a pop!) We're starting SOTW soon and I would love to have the CD versions. :001_smile:

Cat

Apparently there is something not quite right with my wiring because I cannot bear to listen to Jim Weiss. I had been keeping my eye out for the earlier ones, but gave up my search.

I don't think that's your wiring. Different people find different voices more pleasing or irritating.

Check it out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0974239119/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1242443058&sr=1-2&condition=used

Ouch! I would not pay that much for cds.

I have sometimes used books that people think are out of print advertised for a lot of money, then seen them still being sold new by vendors for the ordinary price.

Do you think asking $60 would be too unreasonable?

I don't think that's unreasonable. It's a little higher than the list price, but some people are willing to pay that because the supply is limited and they want that particular edition. For instance, I paid slightly more for my used 1993 Kingfisher than I did for my brand new red one. I wouldn't have paid $200, but it was worth a slight premium to me to have the old edition (which I find more readable).

... I find it hard to believe that anyone is actually paying $200-300 for the old CDs, but $60 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Have you checked eBay to see what recent sets have sold for? This seems like the time for eBay to me. ;)

I'm assuming you have the hard to find ones that are read by Barbara Alan Johnson. I would do a search and see if you can find any that are being sold and what the prices are. I doubt that home schooling parents would pay $297.

I have these cds and my daughter loves them. I haven't heard the Jim Weiss ones, so I can't compare.

I don't think that's unreasonable. It's a little higher than the list price, but some people are willing to pay that because the supply is limited and they want that particular edition. For instance, I paid slightly more for my used 1993 Kingfisher than I did for my brand new red one. I wouldn't have paid $200, but it was worth a slight premium to me to have the old edition (which I find more readable).

... I find it hard to believe that anyone is actually paying $200-300 for the old CDs, but $60 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Have you checked eBay to see what recent sets have sold for? This seems like the time for eBay to me. ;)

Well, the last I looked on Ebay I didn't find any SOTW 1 audiobooks read by B.Johnson. I found a SOTW 2, but I missed the end of the auction so I don't know what it finally sold for. It was up to $35 with 17 hours left.

Where did you buy your CDs?

Check it out!

I am so glad I am not the olny one!! I have seriously thought about selling our SOTW 2 cd's because I cant stand it at all!!!! I too have been looking and no such luck.

Well, the last I looked on Ebay I didn't find any SOTW 1 audiobooks read by B.Johnson. I found a SOTW 2, but I missed the end of the auction so I don't know what it finally sold for. It was up to $35 with 17 hours left.

You should be able to search by "completed auctions".

SO, I didn't want to spoil my "find" but I received my SOTW read by Barbara Alan Johnson, today. I paid $17 for each Volume (I and II) and am SOSOSOSO excited. I started the thread to see if there are glaring mistakes that SWB corrected.... It seems that there aren't so....I'm good to go, I guess:-)

Carrie:-)