Menu

Cloth pad recommendations?

Angie in VA

I have bought from several different companies. The best I have ever bought are from Mimi's Dreams (aka Saucy Tots).

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MimisDreams

I also use the period underwear from Thinx with the cloth pads.

In fact, since I'm in massive bleeding mode now, I use super tampons with cloth pads and period underwear. I used to use cups, but I am at a point where I can fill the cup in less than an hour and then it drops down and spills. Since I'm a ps teacher now, I have a 5-hour period every day where I rarely have the opportunity to run to the bathroom. After the horrific incident when I had the cup drop down and spill its contents and then I kept on bleeding and bleeding and bleeding, I don't use a cup anymore. I am using super absorbent tampons and then backing them up with the overnight cloth pads and period underwear. That has so far been enough to keep me covered.

• Like 2

I have bought from several different companies. The best I have ever bought are from Mimi's Dreams (aka Saucy Tots).

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MimisDreams

I also use the period underwear from Thinx with the cloth pads.

In fact, since I'm in massive bleeding mode now, I use super tampons with cloth pads and period underwear. I used to use cups, but I am at a point where I can fill the cup in less than an hour and then it drops down and spills. Since I'm a ps teacher now, I have a 5-hour period every day where I rarely have the opportunity to run to the bathroom. After the horrific incident when I had the cup drop down and spill its contents and then I kept on bleeding and bleeding and bleeding, I don't use a cup anymore. I am using super absorbent tampons and then backing them up with the overnight cloth pads and period underwear. That has so far been enough to keep me covered.

Angie (I love your name, btw! It's a classic and I'm waiting for there to be a revival of this name among baby girls!), what inner core fabric do you recommend? I am worried about choosing the correct width also. I'm looking at this starter pack

• Like 1

This is one of our customers: https://www.etsy.com/listing/520702778/cloth-pads-mama-pads-organic-cloth?ref=shop_home_active_7

I have traded with her in the past for cloth pads.  Hers are the best I've used (I've tried rather a lot of brands).

Cons: they only work well for lightish flow.  There is no waterproof barrier.

Pros: they're cotton, so they clean up very well and are soft and not polyester-y.  They're not hot.  They don't smell.  They don't stain too badly.  They're very durably made - mine have lasted years with no degradation of product so far.  Anne is nice.  She ships right away.  And, the best thing, she uses our labels! :)

• Like 1

I like MamaBearBabyWear on Etsy.

I use the same shop, very affordable, and the design makes the most sense to me vs other types. The only thing is her pads aren't all that "cute," but that doesn't make a difference to me, personally. I also started combining them with a cup, but it isn't necessary to do so with her pads, just my preference right now.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MamaBearBabyWear?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Angie (I love your name, btw! It's a classic and I'm waiting for there to be a revival of this name among baby girls!), what inner core fabric do you recommend? I am worried about choosing the correct width also. I'm looking at this starter pack

For a young girl, a starter pack would be fine.

For women of a certain age, longer is something of a relief to discover...

I order a core of Hemp and PUL. That is more absorbent than the other options. I actually emailed her asked for what she recommended would hold the most and that was her recommendation. And then I chose the Heavier Core option also.

Can you stand another question? 

Is this upgrade worth it? 

Still looking at several options.