Menu

Universal Studios- meal plan worth it?

Peaceseeker

I don't remember the particulars, but we looked into their meal plan a few years ago and decided against. That was just for a one-day trip, though, it might shake out differently if you are going multiple days. We wanted to eat at places not included on the plan. If I recall correctly, the choices on plan were quite limited. 

• Like 1

When we were there a few years ago the meal plan was their fast food. We didn't spend much on breakfast, we ate in our room or grabbed coffee on the way, had granola bars in our bag for snacks, shared lunch at fast food restaurants and had a meal at one of the restaurants onsite or back at the hotel. We bought a mug at Harry Potter World with something in it and filled it up cheaply during the day and brought it back the next day. And it was fun to take home.Have a great time!

• Like 1

I wouldn't do the free refill soda. While you need liquids, there is only so much soda I can do in a day. I f you buy a drink in a reusable cup/mug you can refill with water throughout the day.

We did our meal plan for a three day trip. I believe we had two quick service meals and one meal at a nicer restaurant (we went to Mykonos?). The plan also had snacks. I want to say it was two snacks a day, because I used 2 snack options at once on our last in park day getting something less perishable (nuts?) To have for our 12 hour car ride the next day.

We ate yogurt in the room for breakfast. I went to the grocery near our hotel the day before we started going to parks for the yogurt. We took a midday break (2hours) in the hotel (Cabana Bay) not to eat, but to rest and get out of heat-- we visited in August 2 years ago. The plan worked for us.

The plan worked for us. We could have done meal cold meals in room, but I'm glad we did the meal plan. At the time our hotel, Cabana Bay was the only Universal property that had in room refrigerators. There's a newer hotel now.

• Like 1