Menu

Spaghetti squash causing gas?

bethben

So, I'm trying to introduce more vegetables into our diet and tonight we tried spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce.  My 15 year old is in the kitchen burping up a storm.  There is an ozone hole being created over our house as I type. :glare:   My stomach is feeling a little gassy also.  Spaghetti squash is supposed to be low gas producing.  What is happening here?

Ah, this is interesting.  I'm doing a Whole30 this month, and at the first week, I made my homemade spaghetti sauce for my family to eat with noodles, while I tried it with spaghetti squash.  It was the first time for me to eat spaghetti squash since I was a preteen, and I was SO bloated and gassy-feeling the next 2 days!  I also wondered if it were just the general increase in veggies, but it was definitely right after eating the spaghetti squash, and I haven't had any problems since then.

Could be the veggie increase in general, or it could just be how you guys react to the squash.  

I'm in week one of Whole30, myself, with a few extra days of "mostly" W30.  The uptake in veggies has definitely increased gas issues.  But in the past, I've found it is usually temporary and decreases after my body adjusts.  Avocados are the worst offender for me.