Menu

Apologies

To any forum member who was made uncomfortable by my request for assistance yesterday I very humbly apologize. I truly had innocent intentions. I was entirely unaware of how this (or any) online community operated as I have never participated in any type of online forums, chat, or communities. I do have a facebook page and I have ran a blog before but apparently not with the level of social connection you all feel for one another. If I crossed any lines it was therefore out of pure ignorance not maliciousness. To those who did offer me assistance thank you very much. To those of you who educated me on how The Well Trained Mind Forums operate: thank you also. I will henceforth be respectful of the community and community boundaries you all have established.

Despite the fact we bite sometimes, I do hope you'll stick around for your own sake. There are other single parent homeschoolers on this board, myself included. IMO, this board is generally open, blunt, and opinionated (in a million directions). We are also forgiving, and as you have seen, can be protective. 

From reading the other threads, it sounds like you have a good in real life support, some of us don't have that. The chat board is for everything and then some, the general ed, as you've seen, is general topics and the age related boards range from pre-school to college. Many of us that have wandered in here over the years might have stepped on some toes initially. It's okay, we all move past that, there are a lot of toes here. 

As much as I've been a witch in the other thread, if you have a question about your OWN children, and I think I have anything helpful to offer in story or BTDT advice or curriculum suggestions, I'd be happy to put all this behind us, and be as helpful as possible.

YOU and YOUR children are welcome here.

Don't lose sleep over it. This isn't the biggest controversy the board has ever seen. :)

Goodness, it's not! :lol: I'm too lazy to link you to any of them, but there are occasionally some fun (not!) times here. When the thread gets locked, it's getting warm. When posts are removed it's warmer. It's down right hot, when the entire thread is removed.

K-8 curriculum is the safest board.

I don't use the chat board. It's too much for me. As I said, it's pretty rare for people to see my witchy side.

Goodness, it's not! :lol: I'm too lazy to link you to any of them, but there are occasionally some fun (not!) times here. When the thread gets locked, it's getting warm. When posts are removed it's warmer. It's down right hot, when the entire thread is removed.

K-8 curriculum is the safest board.

I don't use the chat board. It's too much for me. As I said, it's pretty rare for people to see my witchy side.

I agree, that I have noticed the k-8 curriculum IS pretty safe ;) I am a non confrontational person by nature, so I try to avoid conflicting threads. Just my nature. Everyone is different.