Menu

Do you use a wax warmer in your home?

Mandylubug

So, I just purchased a fragrance wax warmer for our home. I have wanted one forever but couldn't justify the 30 dollars to purchase one. Well today, with kohls cash and an awesome sale, I was able to purchase my warmer for 5 bucks :D So, I went ahead and bought some wax to melt in my warmer... AND I think I messed up by buying Yankee Candles wax tarts instead of the brick looking wax you typically see, like scentsy, etc...my tarts aren't melting entirely but are melting. Anyway, I am loving it so far. I have mostly soapy clean scents like Fluffy Towels and Clean and Fresh. What are your favorite wax brands? Oh, and where do you keep your warmer in your home. I had considered in the living room but scared of kids and it being unsupervised. Also considered kitchen counter but don't like clutter there. It is currently residing in my bathroom.

Mine is one that you plug directly into the wall (no wire). Like a "plug in" for the bathroom. I use the scentsy brick and sometimes pick up bricks at Kohls. I personally like the cinnamon and lavendar scents.

Scentsy waxes smell the best to me, but some fragrances give me migraines. My mom inherits those! I've also dropped essential oils in "dead" wax to liven it up again. I like lemon or orange with rosemary and eucalyptus. There's a Williams-Sonoma scent mix that's nice too: lemon, vanilla, and rosemary. My family likes these homemade ones better.

I have an electric warmer from Yankee Candle in which I melt tarts. I also buy scentsy bars, bars from Walmart, soy crumbles, and Pink Zebra Sprinkles. I have a few warmers from Scentsy and another one that is similar to a fancy cup warmer. I have not had the PZ sprinkles for long, but they are currently in my YC burner. I have used both types of bars in my scentsy burners. I have only used the soy crumbles in the cup warmer. All of the warmers work with a light bulb, except for the cup warmer. The cup warmer-type thing has a hot plate in the bottom of it with a glass cup that sits on yop. I will probably use the sprinkles in all of them eventually. Their scent is stronger and longer lasting. I would think your tarts will work fine. Even Partylite has a line of melts. Any of the wax/soy products that melt at a low temperature should work in any burners. The only precaution I have ever heard of deals with warranties. For example, if you melt a non-scentsy product in a scentsy warmer, then you void the warranty. I have also noticed build up in my scentsy warmers that does not easily clean out. That might be from using the walmart bars. If I took the time to really clean them, I would probably be able to get the build-up out.

• 3 years later...