Menu

Breast pain (obviously female content)

About a week or two ago I've started having breast pain when I exert myself like when I'm exercising. It's a sharp, stabbing, burning, itching pain. Mostly it is on one side but sometimes a little in the other as well. But the one side hurts a lot. It stops me from working out for a moment until it fades a bit. Even after working out it still hurts a little. My breast feels hot, throbbing, and itchy if that makes sense.

I don't see any visible redness, swelling, skin changes, or lumps.

What in the world is this?

Wish I could make an appointment. Insurance hasn't kicked in yet.

I'd wonder if the pain isn't actually originating from somewhere outside your breasts. For instance, I have sometimes had pain that seemed like it was in my breasts, but when I really focused on it & traced it, was from muscles elsewhere. Given that exercise brings it on, I would definitely pay attention to whether it's actually muscle pain that you are "feeling" in your breasts.

If you can't identify a source of muscle pain, I would make an appointment, insurance or not.

I've experienced this from time to time. I don't know how old you are, but I'm pretty certain that mine is peri-menopause and hormonal. I read something to that effect a while back. I wish I'd saved the info. I'm pretty sure that mine is also stress-related.

I've experienced this from time to time. I don't know how old you are, but I'm pretty certain that mine is peri-menopause and hormonal. I read something to that effect a while back. I wish I'd saved the info. I'm pretty sure that mine is also stress-related.

I have the same symptoms as the OP, and I was thinking it was due to hormones and perhaps the breakdown of breast tissue due to aging. :(

It doesn't sound like your breast problem was the same as mine.

But I found that Evening primrose oil solved all my problems, and my breasts were so painful I had seen several doctors and was thinking of a breast reduction just in hopes it would solve the problem.

Negin in Grenada wrote a long post about the benefits of Evening Primrose oil.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=227362

I'm just back from my gyn to check out breast pain. The visit was probably unnecessary since he didn't find anything and the pain was all nearly resolved by a trip to my chiropractor.

Things he mentioned that could be involved: exertion, trauma, weight gain, increased caffeine intake, body not sufficiently supporting large breasts, not wearing a bra at night.

I'm just back from my gyn to check out breast pain. The visit was probably unnecessary since he didn't find anything and the pain was all nearly resolved by a trip to my chiropractor.

Things he mentioned that could be involved: exertion, trauma, weight gain, increased caffeine intake, body not sufficiently supporting large breasts, not wearing a bra at night.

Well, I don't drink caffeine and good to know that caffeine can cause that because I did have dh's coffee last week one day instead of my decaf by mistake.

Weight has not changed more than 4 lbs.

As for large breasts......not in my case. ;)

wearing a bra at night when I barely need one during the day doesn't make sense.

I can't think of any trauma off the top of my head.

So I guess exertion would fit. Although, I haven't been working out too hard. At least not like I'm used to working out. I've taken it easy exercising because I was sick for quite awhile. I guess getting back to my normal workout routine after being sick for a month could cause exertion and/or trauma.

I ran this morning doing sprint intervals (so pushing myself hard during sprints) and didn't have any pain. We'll see what tomorrow brings when I do a dvd.

Thanks everyone.

36 :001_smile:

Stress? What stress? ;)

I've been having breast pain as well. Some of it is hormonal and is cyclical. But, some of it is just plain pain. I have been able to trace some of it to physical causes (push ups, house cleaning, PJ bunching up, bra,etc). Also, I did realize that some of what I was attributing to breast pain was actually chest muscle pain. A gf IRL said her midwife mentioned something about iodine deficiency and breast pain, but I don't know anything on that subject.