What's with the ads?

Photo

Have you ever made a cheesecake in a disposable pan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Mama2Three

Mama2Three

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

I would like to give cheesecakes as a gift, but I've never made one in an aluminum foil pan. I've always used a springform pan. If I use an aluminum one, will I need to worry about the cheesecake cooking properly? I don't want to use the store bought graham cracker crust because I'd rather make it all fresh.

I just googled "disposable cheesecake pan" and I see that they come in a regular 10" cheesecake size, but I'm wondering how it would turn out if I used a smaller size.

Thoughts?

#2 54879525

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55102 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

I've never done that, but I don't see why not. You could line the spring form pan with parchment. That should work too.

#3 AK_Mom4

AK_Mom4

Empress Bee of Bacon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6504 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:50 PM

I always remove the cheesecake from the springform pan before serving. I would make the cheesecake, remove it from the pan, and then wrap it in foil for delivery.

#4 54879525

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55102 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

I always remove the cheesecake from the springform pan before serving. I would make the cheesecake, remove it from the pan, and then wrap it in foil for delivery.

I do too. Sometimes it is tricky to get the bottom part off. That's why I thought of lining it with parchment. Then it will definitely come off more easily.

#5 Cinder

Cinder

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9209 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I have made cheesecake in the pans that come with the premade crusts. (I know, I know. It was in the early days when I first started making cheesecakes. I haven't done it in over 20 years now.) Anyway, it worked fine, but not all the filling fit in.

These days I just slide the cheesecake off the bottom part of the pan onto a disposable serving plate, which is often made of a cardboard box cut to shape and covered in foil. I'm not sure I've come a long way since the premade crust days. :tongue_smilie:

#6 6packofun

6packofun

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6233 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Doesn't Sara Lee? I'd try it! :D

#7 Mama2Three

Mama2Three

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I think that I will try to make the cheesecake in the regular springform pan, but I'll line it with something. I wonder if I could sub wax paper for the parchment paper? Or if I could cover the entire bottom with aluminum foil and try to lift the whole cheesecake off the springform bottom?

You have given me some food for thought. (I couldn't resist. :))

#8 54879525

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55102 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I think that I will try to make the cheesecake in the regular springform pan, but I'll line it with something. I wonder if I could sub wax paper for the parchment paper? Or if I could cover the entire bottom with aluminum foil and try to lift the whole cheesecake off the springform bottom?

You have given me some food for thought. (I couldn't resist. :))

I think foil or parchment would work fine.

#9 SweetMissMagnolia

SweetMissMagnolia

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3055 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

yes the ones I make are "no bake" so I usually make them in the cookie crusts that you can find in the baking aisle....and they are disposable of course.....

#10 amo_mea_filiis.

amo_mea_filiis.

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6949 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Mmmmmm . . . Cheesecake

#11 kat19

kat19

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1114 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

Don't use wax paper in the oven.

I learned my lesson last year and now just use parchment paper :)

#12 gardenmom5

gardenmom5

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

we always use slip-bottom pans. If we are giving away a cheesecake, we use our normal slip-bottom pan then take it out of the pan and put it on a cardboard cake round, put it in the box, and wrap it plastic wrap.

dh did a dozen cheesecakes for his nephew's wedding reception, and we only used four pans. they all transfered (and transported) just fine.