Menu

Which Movie Should I Watch Tonight?

I am family-free this evening, and I am planning on putting my pajamas on, making some popcorn, pouring a glass of wine and cuddling up with my dog to watch a movie. I think I have it narrowed down to Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice (with Kiera Knightly) or The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I have not seen any of them, but I have read Wuthering Heights and P&P. What do you think? Or, any other suggestions?

hmmm I don't know. I liked P&P. I haven't seen Wuthering Heights, but I think I would chose P&P over it. I have heard that the latest version wasn't so good. The last one sounds said and I am not sure if I would want to watch it alone.

Them's [may I put an apostrophe there?] my $0.02.

hmmm I don't know. I liked P&P. I haven't seen Wuthering Heights, but I think I would chose P&P over it. I have heard that the latest version wasn't so good. The last one sounds said and I am not sure if I would want to watch it alone.

Them's [may I put an apostrophe there?] my $0.02.

How about Lost in Austin? http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Lost_in_Austen/70114373?strackid=27116ca4bf53f577_0_srl&strkid=1798531891_0_0&trkid=438381

I read Wuthering Heights as well, and I strongly advise against the movie. It was very mediocre and somewhat ruined the book for me.

I strongly suggest Pride and Prejudice. One of my favorite books and favorite movies. It is very hard in my opinion for a movie to display a book appropriately and giving it justice, and this movie did just that.

I have never seen The Boy in the Striped Pajamas but have heard it is very sad, so I would advise against it if you don't want to watch a sad movie. I can't say whether it is good or not though.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is very good but very disturbing and heartbreaking. Are you in that mood?

Hmm. Probably not. I think I'll wait and watch that one with the fam. Jane Eyre looks great, and I haven't read that one yet, so it might be less disappointing to watch the adaptation before I read the book...but, I think I will put it in my queue because the only one I found is the mini series and I don't think I can stay awake long enough to finish it tonight!

It's looking like P&P is winning...but Lost In Austin looks fun, too!

I vote P&P, but definitely check out Lost in Austen sometime. We really enjoyed it. I watched Jane Austen Book Club when dh and ds were out of town and dd was in bed last summer. I enjoyed it much more than expected. I gravitate toward Austen visuals when I have time alone it seems :).

If you decide on Wuthering Heights see the latest PBS adaptation. I LOVED it, and I 'm NOT a huge WH fan:

http://www.amazon.com/Wuthering-Heights-Tom-Hardy/dp/B001PUTN3Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1274489829&sr=8-4

Tom Hardy is an incredible Heathcliff!

Have you seen North & South (Gaskell, not Jakes :D). If you have not, find it and watch it at your soonest opportunity.