Menu

Prank calls from ps kids

Well, my dd who was picked on at ps a lot last year to the point that she had a chair thrown on her and was also hit in the head by the same kid, got a call today. It was some catty girls from her previous class calling to tell her that she was their friend...then NOT, and lots of giggling.

dd9 was upset but they had already hung up. So I clicked dialed calls and the child picked up to start the charade complete with giggles of yes, not my friend with me until she realized I was an adult. I repeated twice that she was not to call my dd's number again. The last time she said yes mam.

Did I do the right thing? I know it was fighting my child's battles, but she has her own cell phone and I don't want things to escalate. We don't know how the child got dd's number except from someone that dd really does consider a friend.

dd won't consider that this friend from ps would give her number out to the mean girls, but there is no other child that has her phone number. I don't think the child will call again any time soon. I'm sure she didn't think a parent would call her back.

My child was not embarrassed that I told the child to not call. She hasn't mentioned it anymore and seems relieved that she won't face future calls.

Why can't the public school kids that caused us so much grief last year just go away?

My daughter had a similar experience only she was 11 and it was a "friend" she had known for years who had given my daughters phone number to another girl that my daughter was not friends with. This girl admitted she had gotten my daughters phone number from her "friend".

I called the "friends" mother who I have know for years (celebrated holidays with, day trips with, dinners out, etc).

I left a message talking very calmly and chirpy (on purpose) asking her if she could please ask her daughter not to give out my daughters phone number.

I received a message back from the mother. She was screaming at the top of her lungs (no exaggeration) and cursed me out for about 3 minutes and then proceeded to tell my I was insane, my daughter was insane, my dog was crazy ( I made that part up, but not too much of an exaggeration). She was wild with rage.

It was most bizarre. I am sure a psychiatrist would have a lot to say about it.

The good part was we never received another phone call from her.

Although recently she popped up on facebook to be rude to my daughter again. Some people never learn. Once a bully, always a bully.

At 9, this is just the type of battle we should not only pick, but show 'em how it's done.

LoL:iagree:

My dc have cel phones too but I have made a rule about their phones. They are NOT allowed to answer their phone unless the call is someone that is programmed into their phone ( I have to approve who is entered in)! I also tell them that if it happens to be someone else that really needs to talk to them, they will leave you a message!

I made this rule when my son first got his phone and was receiving sales calls.

Ugh! The day after the prank call dd9 received a call from her friend. The one who has her number and most likely gave the number to the catty girls. She was having a sleepover that weekend. Well, b/c of the prank I had been answering dd's phone. I answered the phone call from the friend's number and it wasn't the friend's voice. The child asked for Bre and I said who is calling? She said huh? I said I want to tell Bre who is calling. She said the friend's name, but it wasn't her. It was another kid's voice.

Apparently, they had given up on their game by then b/c when I gave dd the phone her friend was the one talking. I was right there and had speakerphone on and could hear the voices change. dd won't believe that her "friend" was pranking her or that she would tease and bully her by giving out her number.

We haven't received any more phone calls, but I can't seem to get it through dd's head that this friend isn't a true friend. She is defending her so strongly. I know she doesn't want to lose her friends from ps, but this friend was iffy in the first place.

Do I just drop it or try to make dd see that this friend isn't a true friend?

Ugh! The day after the prank call dd9 received a call from her friend. The one who has her number and most likely gave the number to the catty girls. She was having a sleepover that weekend. Well, b/c of the prank I had been answering dd's phone. I answered the phone call from the friend's number and it wasn't the friend's voice. The child asked for Bre and I said who is calling? She said huh? I said I want to tell Bre who is calling. She said the friend's name, but it wasn't her. It was another kid's voice.

Apparently, they had given up on their game by then b/c when I gave dd the phone her friend was the one talking. I was right there and had speakerphone on and could hear the voices change. dd won't believe that her "friend" was pranking her or that she would tease and bully her by giving out her number.

We haven't received any more phone calls, but I can't seem to get it through dd's head that this friend isn't a true friend. She is defending her so strongly. I know she doesn't want to lose her friends from ps, but this friend was iffy in the first place.

Do I just drop it or try to make dd see that this friend isn't a true friend?

Drop it but continue to answer your dd's phone.