Menu

Did Amazon change it's layout?

I finally nibbled on the trial offer of Amazon Prime, and after a few days of not looking, started trying to track down some of the little books for next year, and now, when I open up the page for a particular book, it does not give me that section that had publisher, number of pages, approx age group, and the dimensions of the book (and for Cds and DVDs, the number of discs). Did they stop this for everyone or is it because I am now "prime"?

Since they lump together so many titles (audio, hardcover, differing editions, etc, having the date of publication etc. was IMPORTant to me for getting the item I wanted!)

Yep, that's been my experience, too. Especially frustrating when I am pondering reading material for my 8 y.o., usually when following one of those "people who looked at this also looked at..." or other related material links.

BTW, we've had Prime for about 3 years now, and absolutely love it. Further, my in-laws use it by logging into my account and adding their own shipping/payment info. It has more than paid for itself every year.

I'm a Prime member and I still can get the product details. I have noticed it not being available on a few items, mostly obscure books that are available from other sellers only.

This has been my experience also and we've been Prime members for 3 years.

They have changed how they show used books though! Now you can use Prime to order used books.

Great in one way...cheap books and get them in 2 days. Bad in that it's not worth selling on there anymore.

I have been able to find more of the info needed except on books that are OOP.

They have changed how they show used books though! Now you can use Prime to order used books.

Great in one way...cheap books and get them in 2 days. Bad in that it's not worth selling on there anymore.

I have been able to find more of the info needed except on books that are OOP.

I did some searching and it looks like you can't get ALL marketplace books with free shipping with Prime, but only ones whose sellers have that option.

I looked up a book on my Wishlist, but it doesn't have an option to see anything about Prime. Do those of you with Prime see it and others don't? I just wonder how many booksellers have that option and .01 books (or any price that would be lower than someone selling with the 3.99 shipping.)

Any comments?

I found these sites where you can search for items included in amazon prime, but I don't see much advantage to just looking them up on your own? Maybe I'm not seeing everything since I don't have Prime. (I've had the trial).

http://searchaprime.com/index.php

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2006/10/amazon_prime_se.html

iSearchBetter.com does pretty much the same thing as Krystynak's site, but with a different different interface. It also seems to give more comprehensive results for some searches. (New items only).