Menu

Personality/Temperament Book Recommendations

I am really interested in learning more about personality and temperaments- particularly as it applies to my family.

I would love to hear any recommendations.

I bought Tim LaHaye's Book on Temperament- but it is not quite what I am looking for and I am frustrated that after reading thru the whole book - it is STILL hard to figure out what is what- and then you have to pay to take a test if you want...

I really enjoyed the online Meyers-Brigg thread that went thru here awhile ago and enjoyed taking that as well...

Anyway,

Please share your book ideas!

Thanks,

Rebecca

The first one I read was Personality Plus by Florence Littauer. It helped me to realize that my husband was not insane, he was choleric. :D She is christian and it's been a while since I read it, so I'm not sure how it plays into the book, but she's a riot to read. I believe the test is in the book.

The other author I like is Robert Rohm Positive Personality Profiles. he uses a DISC to describe the four personalities.

I would also recommend the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman if you haven't already read that. While not on personalities, I think it makes a nice addition to help understanding yourself and your family.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Understanding Your Child's Personality by Dr. David Stoop

It was given to me by an MBTI counselor.

There is another one that she recommended. I'll post it as soon as I remember.

It's People Types and Tiger Stripes.