Menu

Can someone explain the difference between... (Nancy Drew)

Nancy Drew Notebook series is for younger girls. My dd read them from age 8 to 10.. she's still reading them because... well... she's 10. ;) Haven't seen anything objectionable in them, nothing scary, nothing risque to cause a young girl to fret. They're simple, fun mysteries I would recommend.

Nancy Drew is for older girls, age 12 to late teen, maybe? A bit more risque, some of the mysteries can be classified as scary or risque if I remember correctly, and they're just a longer read. It's been years since I've read one, but they're more for teens.

Crew Clue... I thought we had those, but it's actually Clue Jr. we have, which I wouldn't recommend. My dd can't stand them, and they're early chapter books for gr. 2. Sorry, no experience with Crew Clue.

IMO, the Nancy Drew series is the real deal. I read almost all of them when I was about 9. Of course, that other series wasn't out yet, so I'm a bit biased. My dd's won't read Nancy Drew! I just noticed that other series recently, and it looks like Nancy Drew is younger in those books, but I didn't read any of them.

Dd9 has read about 40 ND's, all the older kind. She finally stopped because she realized the plot didn't, essentially, change. She likes Trixie Belden better!

I didn't find a risque thing in any of them--I'll have to go back and look closer, because I don't want her reading things that aren't wholesome.

No difference; they started out as ND Notebooks and then changed the name to ND and the Clue Crew. Features an 8-yr-old Nancy Drew, cute series!

I'm still attached to the teen Nancy Drew ;). Not that that is well written, as I've come to discover, but they were a fun read when I was a kid.

Nancy Drew is for older girls, age 12 to late teen, maybe? A bit more risque, some of the mysteries can be classified as scary or risque if I remember correctly, and they're just a longer read. It's been years since I've read one, but they're more for teens.

You're referring prob to ND Campus or River Heights or Files, the paperbacks from the 80s and 90s none of which I cared for.

The classic Nancy Drew (original 56 from the 30s thru early 70s) has nothing risque or frightening in them, IMO. Suspense and some spookiness now and then, but nothing terrifying, unless you consider Nancy tied up and a big spider crawling her way, for ex, as frightening.

Kim