Menu

Cathy Duffy is in the house

I had to run to another city and two bookstores before I could locate a copy of 100 Top Picks and it was the last one in the store.

At least I know what I will be reading tonight.:001_smile:

And the next night... and next week... and in the summer... and before every curriculum purchase... and in the middle of every school year... and on it goes! Enjoy! I looooove mine and refer back to it quite often! :D

And the next night... and next week... and in the summer... and before every curriculum purchase... and in the middle of every school year... and on it goes! Enjoy! I looooove mine and refer back to it quite often! :D

Yeah, I knew when I checked it out of the library and renewed it 3 times, then got it out a little bit later, that it was time for my own copy. I don't buy many books...

LOL I sold mine and I so regret doing that! However, she doesn't recommend CLE or HOD in her top 100, so blah. I now disagree with her anyway. :tongue_smilie:

*egad* :svengo:Please... say it ain't so! :willy_nilly: You disagree? :eek: Really now...:sneaky2:

:lol: heehee, you know, they are both recommended on her website. So it's all good. :D

LOL I sold mine and I so regret doing that! However, she doesn't recommend CLE or HOD in her top 100, so blah. I now disagree with her anyway. :tongue_smilie:

And Rebecca, remember in the book she does rec DITHOR!

I love this book too. I tried to read the reviews and recommendations section before reading about what kind of learner my dd is. I still think I have a ways to go in learning about learning styles, but that part was SO helpful to this newbie.

This book is extremely helpful. I wish I would of picked it up two months ago.

Do you ladies use the online resource as well?

Yes, and just because something is found reveiwed on her site, does not mean it was not good enough to make it to the top 100... many of the courses/curricula reviewed online were simply reviewed after the book was published. Also good to note is that she did aim to take an array of different "top" material for the book, to portray the widest scope of "top picks" for families. So to choose the top 20 unit studies on the Narnia series would be lame, because she'd run out of room and not be able to review math... not sure if that makes sense, but she really did want to offer a top pick of all subjects for all possible learning styles, all possible teaching styles, all possible family situations, etc. I still don't think I'm explaining that properly LOL, but I hope someone can make sense of my pre-coffee blabbering...