Menu

Ree mentions this board on her Pioneer Woman website today.

I just read that post. How sweet! I look forward to a time when I can get together with some of the women I have come to call friends from this board. I have been fortunate enough to spend a weekend with Darcy from Life With my 3 Boybarians but there are many, many more I'd love to meet in person.

I remember stumbling onto this site, too. I remember what was, I think, the first group of Boybarians. Weren't they Cami's?

Everybody was so innocent back then. Mates called board friends "imaginary friends" (also known as the board ladies, as in "ask the board ladies what they think"). That's how the hive mind came into being.

And trolls were rampant. Because we couldn't believe that anybody would say such things if they weren't true...

Everybody was passionate about their math program, and even those who were very polite when other curricula were brought up secretly knew that anybody who didn't use the right elementary math , the one they used, was not passing any SAT, and probably not even the CC entry test (and those kids are all in college today, marveling that nobody knows who Herodotus was). Latin, too, would cause sudden, stormy battles.

And the history spine that was recommended in the first WTM went out of print and if you were fortunate enough to have one you could sell it on the swap board and have the down payment for your first house.

And the history spine that was recommended in the first WTM went out of print and if you were fortunate enough to have one you could sell it on the swap board and have the down payment for your first house.

:lol::lol::lol:

I still have mine but remember feeling smug that I could get $200 for mine if I wanted.

:lol::lol::lol:

I still have mine but remember feeling smug that I could get $200 for mine if I wanted.

I have a friend who bought one at a garage sale for .25! I was so envious! I wanted to buy it from her and resell it for big bucks but DARNED if someone else tipped her off that it was worth a lot. She never sold it to anyone! UGH! LOL

And she mentioned you FIRST, Ria! I was lurking back then--you guys did have some great fun!

Chelle

Me, too, Chelle. Although, I still mainly lurk. I always thought that bunch, whose names I don't remember as well as others, were the cool kids.:)

Melissa

The lurker geek

Me, too, Chelle. Although, I still mainly lurk. I always thought that bunch, whose names I don't remember as well as others, were the cool kids.:)

Melissa

The lurker geek

Yes, Melissa, it was like being on the outside looking in! Not that it was intended, though. And even though I post now, I still don't get involved enough to be in the know about a lot of things!

Chelle

Yes, Melissa, it was like being on the outside looking in! Not that it was intended, though. And even though I post now, I still don't get involved enough to be in the know about a lot of things!

Chelle

Oh, same here. I never felt excluded, just happy to be able to "listen" in on their chatter. I have to limit my time here to just lurking, or I would become way obsessed.:lol:

Melissa

I remember reading these boards for a few weeks before feeling bold enough to post a comment (with fear and trepidation). Now I won't shut-up!!!;)

We should ask Ree to host a WTM weekend for us! At least those of us within a day or two driving distance.

I remember reading these boards for a few weeks before feeling bold enough to post a comment (with fear and trepidation). Now I won't shut-up!!!;)

We should ask Ree to host a WTM weekend for us! At least those of us within a day or two driving distance.

Will you please swing by and pick me up on your way to Ree's?

Thanks,

Chelle