Menu

Boys outgrowing 18S pants - what is next?

and where do I find them? They aren't skinny (in my book) but they are not into baggy styles (and want their pants to fit adn don't fall down). I'm assuming we are in mens sizes, but where do you find small ones?

They hate shopping; checking out the entire mall would "kill" them.

I'm in the same place. JCPenney still is the best place for casual clothes...in the men's department....what's nice is that there is less of the baggy, nasty, awful stuff found in the boys and young mens' dept.

For dress...we go to Men's Warehouse....it's expensive but they have the sizes. I'm comparing cost, unfortunately to Europe's price structure for clothing and Men's Warehouse is still a bargain. Hope this helps.

This probably isn't gonna help much, but....

Hubby and I got matching outfits at one point (we were young). I think I got an 18 in boys and he got a 28 in mens. And I remember there was this one outfit, maybe to match our son<?> that he got in an 18 but it was like a jersey and shorts so not fitted so much.

I don't know that you'd find men's in under a 28, but skinny men must find clothes somehow.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Yep, my 18 yo gets pants and shorts at Penney's. He's very picky and doesn't wear carpenter or cargo jeans, but manages to find what he wants. But you must shop during their sales or your wallet will scream in pain.

My skinny son has ONE pair of slacks from Kohls - he does need to wear a belt to keep them up as he is sooo skinny (5'7" and 114 lbs). He waffles between the boy and men dept. for stuff at age 17.

Oh - for fun i just checked some charts and he is at the 5th percentile for weight, 25th for height for 17.5 years. Kid better eat more if he wants to be ROTC material in college!!!! I wish I had such a problem!!!!!

Edited by JFSinIL

Lands' End goes to 20 slim! I'm so glad they do too. I have a ds who is 5'10" and NO WAY can he wear men's clothes yet. He is literally straight up and down.

I'll have to check JC Penney though, but I'm thinking I won't find much there either. He won't wear jeans - further complicating the issue. :tongue_smilie:

My 15 year old is 6'4" and very skinny. He's a competitive swimmer. We buy his Levi's online. I have been able to get 28" waist with 32" length! That was when he was 14, I think I got them on Amazon. Now he is filling out a little so I've had some luck finding his larger sizes elsewhere. You can search sizes there on Amazon and all the different brands will pop up. Good luck, it is rough!