Menu

Has anyone used Simply Grammar by Karen Andreola?

Katiebug_1976

We use it around age 6 to 8 also. We go through it very quickly as an introduction or even as a little review or reinforcement. We do the same thing with "English Grammar and Stories with Cartoons." We had most of the children work through A Beka grammar grades 1-5, but have just made the switch to the new editions of BJU grammar. I needed something new. I have a habit of "over teaching" subjects, lol. The kids all work through two math texts in the lower grades as well.

I am now kicking myself because I had found this cheap at a used sale and did not use it. Then I gave it away.:glare:

Now that I am going to be starting a Charlotte Mason approach, I wish I had kept it.

I liked the looks of it, and when I looked toward the back of the book, it seemed to cover a good bit of grammar.

I am now kicking myself because I had found this cheap at a used sale and did not use it. Then I gave it away.:glare:

Now that I am going to be starting a Charlotte Mason approach, I wish I had kept it.

I liked the looks of it, and when I looked toward the back of the book, it seemed to cover a good bit of grammar.

I had in on my shelf for a few years, but never used it. I wasn't all that impressed with it. I *much* prefer English for the Thoughtful Child, and used it w/both of my daughters when they were in 2nd grade.

I *much* prefer English for the Thoughtful Child, and used it w/both of my daughters when they were in 2nd grade.

I am embarrassed to admit that I actually own both of these books and had the impression that they were very similar....Maybe it was the Victorian drawings or something....What do you see the differences as being?

I am embarrassed to admit that I actually own both of these books and had the impression that they were very similar....Maybe it was the Victorian drawings or something....What do you see the differences as being?

It has been many years since I have used English for the Thoughtful Child.

I found EftTC to be more structured and comprehensive in its coverage of grammar and CM style narration and writing.

Simply Grammar was quaint and "grammar-lite".