Menu

I'm trying to help a friend with curriculum

OnTheBrink

I have a friend whose older dd's are 10 and 12. They've been using Christian Liberty from K through now, but they're wanting a change. Also, there'll be a K boy entering the picture in the fall.

What would you suggest for her? It needs to be something well laid out and it would be great if she could combine the girls with as much as possible. My original thoughts for her were Sonlight, MFW, Winter Promise, something like that. She didn't like Abeka or Bob Jones and I think R&S would be too dry for them.

Any ideas?

I have found Beautiful Feet to be a wonderful program! Your friend could purchase the intermediate American history for her older girls and select some of the readers from the primary package for her little boy. The programs coordinate well.

As for science, she could do lap books which focus on different areas of interest, making it very simple for her young one and expecting more from her older two.

I'm not sure how creative she is (lap books and unit studies take a certain amount of creativity if you're making up your own) but there's always Konos, the Weaver and a myriad of others.

I would suggest MFW just because it is so well laid out, the girls could work together on most subjects and it is much more affordable than Sonlight. I drooled over Sonlight for quite sometime until I just came to the realization that I just cannot afford it. It looks like a great curriculum, but having used MFW, switching away from it only to find school being awful, then switching back, I'm hooked for the duration! This is a GREAT program!

Winterpromise would combine them nicely, and I have never heard anyone call it dry.

Many people are happy with their LA as well.

The LA is what makes it so adaptable, IMO. Both girls could do the same program (CATW for example) together, but then there are corresponding readers for each grade level, so a first grader would have readers on her level, and a 5th grader would have readers and writing assignments on her level.

It's Brilliant!:lol: