Menu

Laminate VP Cards or Notebook or ???

diaperjoys

There was a great thread I was browsing not long ago where ya'll shared ideas for extending the life of VP history/bible cards. Some laminated, others use rings, others used little notebooks, etc. I need to read through that again and cannot find it anywhere; I must be searching for the wrong terms.

When I went to Staples today and asked about lamination, they quoted me over $50 to laminate one set of Bible and one set of History cards. Ouch! Too spendy! So I bought a little notebook and some sheet protectors, but that still came to about $25.

So if I do that once a year for the next five years that would be over a hundred dollars just to keep the VP cards usable. There must be a cheaper way!

I would second looking for a teacher's store - mine charges $.89/foot - I was able to do all 5 history sets for under $30. (If you do this, try to get them do 4 per row, not 3, though - to maximize your $$) After I laminated them, I hole punched the top corner and have each set on their own ring. (Color coded :D)

HTH

Oregonlam.com you can order 6x9 pouches, rounded corners.... We used 5mm lamination and they are great! No cutting and the pouches just work out great. You just need to borrow someone's laminator. If you ask around, it's surprising how many people have them. You should be able to order a box for under $9 each (for each 100, so $20 total) Their shipping is a flat $5.95, so get someone to go in with you. Also, they have comb binding equipment. Lots of really good stuff at great prices. I also ordered pouches for different size projects. You can also get the rings at Flyboys.com, if you want the ones I got. I think they're called stationery rings??? Also, I punched mine at the bottom, so while using the cards, they just fall...instead of you having to "flip over" each card.

Carrie:-)

I don't think they carry them now, but when I was doing this for the entire set, the craft stores had the sheet protectors in their scrapbook sections. DH needed a ride weekly to a physical therapist that was not far from two craft stores, so I used coupons and bought one package of sheet protectors at each store each time that we went, did other errands, and then picked him up.

I even bought extras in case my kids tore them...

I use page protectors and binders. I borrowed a friend's cards before purchasing a set. Hers were laminated, and the corners were peeling back. I've had that happen with laminated spiral-bound book covers, too. So, I don't advise lamination.

I use page protectors and binders. I borrowed a friend's cards before purchasing a set. Hers were laminated, and the corners were peeling back. I've had that happen with laminated spiral-bound book covers, too. So, I don't advise lamination.

This is why pouches, and 5mm....are better than roll lamination. I've really received an education in lamination....kinds of laminate, weights...etc. Roll lamination is usually done with light weight, here, and also when you cut the laminate, it sometimes breaks the seal...making it easier to start peeling.

:-)