Menu

Another water bottle question

I "think', and I am not a expert about these things, but more of a "follower", that the thought process is to avoid plastics altogether. BPA is only one of the concerns about plastics, that in fact they are leaching other chemicals into the drink, some we may not even know of at this time. For me, it's kind of a unwillingness to trust that the government agencies, are 1. doing their job, and 2. disclosing everything they actually know. So along with BPA factor, I just try to avoid plastics as a whole.

It's kind of like the info that came out today about baby formula. Okay, we all knew that baby formula had some "issues", like just not being what nature intended a baby to eat, studies showing there is BPA in the formula cans, BUT NOW, they are saying there is some fuel or something in alot of formula (don't remember the exact term now cuz read it early this a.m.)

Our water comes through PVC pipes. Isn't PVC plastic? Wouldn't it be a little strange to buy special, non-plastic bottles to keep water in that had been sitting in PVC.

I am not at all opposed to SS bottles - just wondering about the big picture.

Alexandra

Alexandra,

Isn't the problem with the plastic stuff, the heating and reusing? PVC isn't subjected to ridiculously high heat repetitively, right? Except here in TX, but underground, it probably doesn't get that hot.... Am I right? Isn't the problem in the washing the bottles in dishwashers or microwaving stuff in the plastic, and then reusing?

Also, I saw your boys today!!! WOW they are getting tall!! Especially K.!! I wish S. was on D.'s team!! :-)

See you soon,

K.

Edited by KLynnTX