Menu

Reform Baptist Bible curriculum for 10 yo ds and me?? m

Rachel in KY

You could try some of the Gertrude Hoeksema series, "Show my Thy Ways" which is Reformed Presbyterian (I'm reform baptist-almost so I understand what you're looking for.)

Another idea is to get one of the easier books from John Piper and just read, discuss, look up and study together...

Or if your ds is mature, how about reading one chapter of Wayne Grudem's systematic theology together, and discussing or outlining it?

Lastly, you could try CLP's Studying God's Word series, because they are Reformed.

series? Awhile back I was looking into the "Suffer Little Children" books which cover grades 1-3 and now I can't find where I saw the samples! Also do you know if the TM's are necessary for these? Thanks! It's such an obscure series-I saw years ago that Covenant Home recommends it and thought it looked good at the time. Now dd is the right age for it and I can't find samples! I would just go ahead and buy it-do you know about the TM's though?

We are Reformed Baptists. Two weekends ago I went to the Children Desiring God conference in Dallas. The Intergenerational program is AMAZING! The devotional book includes questions for each day of the week. This curriculum is totally God centered. The only problem is that it is pricey ($85 for everything you need.) It is scheduled for 13 weeks, but the people from CDG said it could be stretched out for a whole year.

For clarification... The only one mentioned so far that is Reformed *Baptist* (not Presby) is the material from John Piper.

You can see the Studying God's Word series from CLP at www.christianbook.com

You can see the Hoeksema studies (including "Suffer Little Children" and others) at www.covenanthome.com

(I happen to have "Show Me Thy Ways" 4th grade -- though very advanced -- for sale, if anybody's interested.)

Another site where you might be able to find something helpful on the Reformed Baptist side is www.ccwonline.org They have a lot of articles online, and if you e-mail Jim Elliff, he'll be glad to help you out with something.

Btw, we are Reformed Baptist (were previously Presby but changed), and what we've finally taken to doing due to lack of HS Bible curriculum that is specifically Reformed Baptist is just reading straight out of the Bible and discussing it together. Then at church, we have the girls take notes and/or illustrate the sermon, and we discuss it together at home. My oldest has also talked to our pastor directly about some questions she had.

HTH. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

We are Reformed Baptists. Two weekends ago I went to the Children Desiring God conference in Dallas. The Intergenerational program is AMAZING! The devotional book includes questions for each day of the week. This curriculum is totally God centered. The only problem is that it is pricey ($85 for everything you need.) It is scheduled for 13 weeks, but the people from CDG said it could be stretched out for a whole year.

I'm so glad you posted this. I just went to the website and I love the idea of a intergenerational study! It looks like there is also a Family Devotional Guide for much less (around $10). In the sample it said that while ideally the curriculum lesson would be taught at church and the devotional guide used to reinforce at home, the Devotional Guide is not dependent on the study of the curriculum. Sounds like a good option!

thanks for that link, I might utilize it this summer a bit.

CDG seems like a great idea and I've received so much blessing from Desiring GOd ministries, but who can afford 180.00 for just Bible alone?

I still say I hope they produce something specifically for homeschoolers. That would be fantastic.

thanks for that link, I might utilize it this summer a bit.

CDG seems like a great idea and I've received so much blessing from Desiring GOd ministries, but who can afford 180.00 for just Bible alone?

I still say I hope they produce something specifically for homeschoolers. That would be fantastic.

Maybe we should all e-mail him and ask for it! ;)

with Studying God's Word series by Christian Liberty Press. The series uses the Bible as a textbook, and has thinking/comprehension questions, review, timeline, and application. It is from a Reformed perspective, but very usable by many denominations.

The book is only $8! I'd start there and if you falter spend the big bucks!

: )

Tami