Menu

These 6am workouts are killing me.

Good for you! I feel your pain ... up at 5am for workouts here. And because I really like to torture myself, I am trying to kick the caffeine habit, too.

I've come to realize that I'm never going to feel like getting out of the warm bed when the alarm goes off. I hate putting on my workout clothes. I'm grumbling on my way to the elliptical. The first 5 minutes, I'm ticked at alarm clocks and walking shoes and cold tile floors. Then magically when those endorphins kick in, it all turns around and by the end of it, I'm so glad I worked out and can't believe I was going to skip.

It's not perfect science but I'm getting used to the fact that I'm not ever going to feel like working out when I first open my eyes ... I'd think something was wrong with me if I wasn't grouchy at the start. :tongue_smilie:

It's a hard time on your body to exercise, and you might actually think of listening to what your body is saying. It could have good reason. Your blood pressure is highest in first thing in the morning, and morning is when most heart attacks happen. So your body may actually be asking for a change of schedule. Not saying that you'll have a heart attack--just that it's a stressful time for a body to be taxed.

and stop right in the middle of some lesson or another. :glare:

However, all virtual coffee offers are gratefully accepted, as well as that CHOCOLATE muffin???? Are you kidding me? Where do you find chocolate muffins? To me, that's CAKE! Yum! I think I need to go work out again.:tongue_smilie:

I'm sorry...they were part of my pre-snow grocery run at Sam's. They are bad and delicious, but a snow storm without chocolate would be unthinkable. Yes, I'm shameless and use bad weather and the possibility of no power to eat like this.

and stop right in the middle of some lesson or another. :glare:

However, all virtual coffee offers are gratefully accepted, as well as that CHOCOLATE muffin???? Are you kidding me? Where do you find chocolate muffins? To me, that's CAKE! Yum! I think I need to go work out again.:tongue_smilie:

After about 10 years of early morning workouts, this year I switched to evenings and I can not tell you how much I LOVE it!!! The friend that I was meeting in the AM couldn't do it this year and I realized I could work out at night. I don't love leaving the house at that time, but it is time that dh is usually doing something with the kids anyway. I have been doing evenings now for about months and I still wake up every day happy that I don't have to go exercise early!!! I'm getting much better workouts because I have more energy.