Menu

I've laid off my sub (neighbor)

I had posted here before about my woes with my neighbor who subs for me one morning a week. She was great at first with my dd who was then 1st grade but with time it hasn't been a good fit. As my dd has grown, my neighbor's ability to teach even 2nd grade stuff has been spotty (this neighbor is a certified teacher). She balked as science experiments (I had to leave what I was doing and show her how to follow the directions), art projects (again she couldn't follow the directions) etc. I've been at a loss because this neighbor is a good friend and relied on even the little bit of money I gave her. But God has worked things out for me so that I was able to back out of this without hurting her feelings. Dd's abilities in school have grown so much over the last few months. She has gotten so independent in her work that I literally could not find one thing this morning for her sub to work with her on. When I called my neighbor to tell her that I really just don't have anything for her to do, she was very understanding. I'm really glad that it worked out this way and that our relationship is safe. I promised to let her know if there are any special projects that she can help us with.