Menu

C/C: Would this bother/embarrass you?

No. He's said worse and I wasn't worried then either. My DH has a great heart and I know where I stand with him. A little quip here or there does not reveal his heart. Likely he was thinking of someone other than you anyway. I would laugh it off and use it later as a joke (like going out for dinner - do I need a touch up on the barn paint or am I good?). Let it go.

That's the kind of statement that I would take as a general statement. Almost with an implied "present company excluded, of course." LOL.

I honestly think if my dh said that, I would just assume he was talking about other women in the world, not anybody in the room. And most certainly not ME. :D Perhaps I'm just naive.

And, I wear makeup daily.

As the other posters said, it sounds like he was just trying to diffuse a potentially controversial conversation. But I've heard that statement many times, and don't consider it something to be analyzed.

It wouldn't have bothered me. But then I've heard my dh use that phrase before and we have laughed about it together. I would just assume the best of him, that he meant it in a general sense, and I would have laughed out loud. Because I think my dh is funny - that's one of the reasons I married him.