Menu

Photo/Link of your School Request

Targhee

I know it's been done before, but I was having trouble finding the right thread when searching. I want to see other people's school space (your classroom, your kitchen, your basement, etc.) - wherever it is you "do" school when you're home. Could you post a link to a photo or blog with your school room????

My DH is going to be leaving this summer for military deployment :patriot:, and on the honey-do list of things to take care of before he leaves is setting up our HS space (assembling, building, painting, etc). We got by in the past with the kitchen table, but now I think we need a seperate space. I'm looking at purchasing some of these shelves/drawers/organizers from IKEA. The room we have to use is the 3rd bedroom (my three kids all share one bedroom), and it will also have the storage bins with the kids toys in the room. So far all I have is a desk (too large for the kids), a tall/thin bookshelf which is overflowing, and a magnet board on the wall just the right height to sit on the floor and play with. I need some ideas on what else is useful/necessary/etc. I know there are a lot of seasoned HSers and people with greater room-design skills than me out there. Inspire me! :bigear:

I don't have my room set up yet, but I do have a place designated to use eventually. Since you mentioned the shelves from Ikea, I thought I'd pipe in and say that I'm hoping to get some Billy bookcases

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/range/10364/11685/

As of right now, I'm thinking of basically lining a whole wall with bookcases, either three of the wider, normal-width ones, or two wider and one narrow. You can add an extension piece to the top if you want an extra shelf. You can also buy doors for them, which I thought would be a nice way to help tiny hands to resist the temptation of pulling everything off the shelves! I'd like to put doors on the bottom half and leave the top open.

I posted a picture of our "school room" (we do our work at the kitchen table) here. Basically it's just a table surrounded on two sides by six low bookshelves lining the walls. There are pictures of the bookshelves in our living room here and here. And if you're interested, I posted about the books I have on those shelves here.

I posted a picture of our "school room" (we do our work at the kitchen table) here. Basically it's just a table surrounded on two sides by six low bookshelves lining the walls. There are pictures of the bookshelves in our living room here and here. And if you're interested, I posted about the books I have on those shelves here.

Who did the tree paintings (drawings?) in the 1st link?

I LOVE them.

Who did the tree paintings (drawings?) in the 1st link?

I LOVE them.

I love those trees, too. And the color on the walls -- very nice arrangement.

I hope this attachment works. We do our school in this little room, 8 x 13 -- formerly the dining room. If I can find a better shot, I'll attach it.

post-1259-13535082834996_thumb.jpg

post-1259-13535082834996_thumb.jpg

This is just what I need! I love seeing how shelves are arrange, black/white board positioning (or absence), varying work spaces (tables, desks, floors!), lighting and colors in the rooms, how everyone gets around doors and other obstacles when setting things up... it's kind of like the excitement I get when thumbing through (I mean pouring over) the IKEA catalog.:willy_nilly:

Thanks!! And keep them coming :bigear: