Menu

Just woke up with a little clot after the wisdom tooth removal. (Gross content)

I woke up with a little clot in my mouth and I'm GUESSING THIS CAME FROM MY INCISION!!! Yes, I'M HYSTERICAL!!! Does this mean I lost my clot and I'm doomed for DRY SOCKET???

I'm calling the doctor as soon as the office opens, but hope someone here knows and can calm my hysterical self down.

Oh. Please. Oh. Please. Oh. Me. Oh. My.

Good Morning, I don't know if you are doomed...but, if you do get dry socket, don't panic ...it will be alright. I had it this last fall and I am still here to talk about it! It wasn't pleasant by any means, but they do give you meds to help. If you would like more info you can pm me. Said a prayer for you.

I woke up with a little clot in my mouth and I'm GUESSING THIS CAME FROM MY INCISION!!! Yes, I'M HYSTERICAL!!! Does this mean I lost my clot and I'm doomed for DRY SOCKET???

I'm calling the doctor as soon as the office opens, but hope someone here knows and can calm my hysterical self down.

Oh. Please. Oh. Please. Oh. Me. Oh. My.

I do think that losing the clot does mean that dry sockets can occur. If you get into the dentist, I would think they can do something to prevent it. I did develop dry sockets after my wisdom teeth were removed, even though I don't remember losing the clots. It was horrible, and I had a very difficult time getting the doctor to believe me!! He wouldn't ever look in my mouth the first time I made an appt. about the dry sockets, saying, "If it were dry sockets, you would be in so much pain you'd be dragging yourself in here on the floor." Well, sorry Doc, I don't really make a habit of dragging myself on the floor, pain or not! He sent me home, assuring me that nothing was wrong. Two days later, after constant pain, I went in again to a different doctor, he immediately saw the dry sockets and treated me for them.

All that to say, I hope you don't get dry sockets, but if you think you do, be persistent in getting help right away! Drag yourself in on the floor if necessary. :tongue_smilie:

Erica