Menu

You know it's time to lose weight when...

your very outspoken 4yod walks into the bathroom and before you have time to jump in the shower (she never knocks) she says loud enough for the entire house to hear, "MOMMY! I SAW YOUR CHUBBY BUNS!!!" This is then followed by her reaching up to pat your still-there postpartum belly and asking if you are having another baby. sigh I was down to only 15 pounds left to lose but am back to 18 pounds. No motivation at all on my part to exercise and I would rather eat junk than healthy. Blech.

I'm looking for some accountability, maybe from someone else w/a new baby and extremely honest dc? :D

P.S. This 4yo is the same one who, on our walk the other day, was losing her flipflops and exclaimed, "Mama, mine shoes are running off of mine feet!!" Ah, children. :)

I can understand. If I talk about weight, unhealthy weight, overweight or anything of the kind my son will pipe up, "Like you Mommy?"

He's 7 and should probably know better but I have a hard time correcting him when he's oh-so-honest. Sometimes, his honesty is a little too much though...and not just about my weight.

I'll play. And I have the outspoken 4yo to help me too.:glare:

I'm horrible about actually holding other people accountable. I tried this recently with another virtual friend on this board and I failed her completely. [sorry]

But I'm feeling the need to drop these last 6-10 pounds. I'm just out of my comfort zone of weight. I have buns and belly issues too. I'm not out of control, but I don't like what *I* see. The problem is, my body seems so resistant to drop scale weight while I'm nursing. :glare: Instead I'm going to focus on my fitness level. I haven't quite found that perfect rhythm to the week yet. Sometimes it is easier to go after dinner. Sometimes it works better for me to take several walks around the block during the day with the baby in the stroller and drilling an older child on their latin vocab- I'm a big believer in marching and vocab. ;) I've also hopped on my bike after lunch while the kids are cleaning up. I take one really fast loop through the neighborhood- it only takes me 10 minutes but it hurts my heart, so that must be good. Not that my buns show it. :001_huh:

Those are my issues.

Jo

my babies are almost 11 and 12, and I still blame them for my extra weight. Plus, for the first time in my life, I nearly weigh 200......sobering......my daughter has taken to patting my fat arm and singing (from madagascar 2, I think) I like em big, I like em chunky......I wanna start walking two miles a day. Just that. but haven't committed to starting. yet. these sweet baby's honest voices may be just what i need to get out the door....how do we help one another?