Menu

Have you ever had a microderm abrasion?

I just got a new magnifying mirror, and as I worked on my brows this evening, well, oh my....I've got WAAAY more wrinkles and dry skin that I thought!:001_huh:

So tell me......should I? Shouldn't I? I'm fair-skinned and freckled, if that makes any difference.

What's the scoop?

astrid

Not an official, medical one--but I have used that 2 step, heating up stuff where you spread a crystal-laden lotion all around (like a good scrub), then spread the "activating" heating lotion on top of it. It dissolves the crystals and it really does a good job at leaving skin smooth.

Maybe you could use that for starters, with a good lotion/cream to follow up.

I havent done Microdermabrasion, but have done a TCA peel. Ooooh girl, that hurts, that turned me off from any derm. treatments for a good long time.

Although, if I had a couple thousand laying around I would be at the dermatologist getting injections. Not Botox though.

So tell me......should I? Shouldn't I? I'm fair-skinned and freckled, if that makes any difference.

I'm over 40 and I've got very fair skin like my Norwegian grandmother. I would be afraid that microdermabrasion would be too harsh. I saw a Clarisonic skin cleansing brush demonstrated on QVC a few months ago and ordered one. It has really improved the look/texture of my skin without being irritating at all. It came with three different brush heads and I've been using the one for sensitive skin.

I haven't tried microdermabrasion, but I'm using the lowest dose Retin-A for my acne and I've seen a big difference in my skin - fewer wrinkles, smoother skin, more even skin tone, and less acne. There is some peeling that occurs but it every other night and using a good day cream keeps it under control. Oh, and I'm 40 years old with an Irish-fair complexion.