Menu

Brainstorm with me about a Dr. Seuss birthday?

Ds6.5 has a birthday coming up. He is near obsessed with all things Dr. Seuss and would like to have that as a theme for his party. I want to keep it simple...we like to be creative but don't want to go overboard. But somehow, my creative juices aren't flowing so well this time around.

Any ideas? :bigear:

You could pull ideas from several books

Some ideas...

decorate with books or cover images

invites could be little "books" (To think that I saw it on *your* street..., written in rhyme)

serve green eggs and ham (in a box with a fox? :tongue_smilie:)

some kind of hat relay (isn't there are 500 hats book or something?)

a game that involves searching through pom poms for one specific pom (a la Horton)(as a relay or teams)

make up a Mad Lib type group game using a short passage (remove certain verbs etc., be sure there's enough words needed to get a word or two from each kid)

craft Cat in the Hat type hats or make book marks

your library might have access to a costume so you could have a "visitor" read a story (maybe with the b-day child's name inserted)

simple cake/cupcake decorations can be made with laminated Dr. S images, taped to skewers or popscicle sticks and stuck in the cake (sort of do-it-yourself "picks" like the plastic stuff they use at bakeries)

HTH

Ds6.5 has a birthday coming up. He is near obsessed with all things Dr. Seuss and would like to have that as a theme for his party. I want to keep it simple...we like to be creative but don't want to go overboard. But somehow, my creative juices aren't flowing so well this time around.

Family Fun has a cute birthday cake that is really tippy. I think it looks very Seussian. They call it the Wonderland Cake.

Ten Apples Up on Top -- draw a "head" then see how many apples you can stack on top.