Menu

Throwing in the towel

Family with respiratory flu + frantic cleaning to show the house in 4 hours + 7wk baby who wants to eat AGAIN = yet another day of lessons down the toilet.

Please, please, please someone come and buy this stupid house before I lose my mind.

Well, the guy who came to look at the house seemed to really like it. Asked if we were leaving the curtains, if we knew our neighbors, and if we had another house yet. I think he drove by the house later with his wife. Maybe. Just maybe.

Edited by Susan in TN
update

Family with respiratory flu + frantic cleaning to show the house in 4 hours + 7wk baby who wants to eat AGAIN = yet another day of lessons down the toilet.

Please, please, please someone come and buy this stupid house before I lose my mind.

I thought you posted "Throwing up in towel".

Take it easy, I don't know how old your children are, but odds are good that they will be just fine. Let them get better and sell your house(hopefully, quickly) then pick up where you left off. My dc survived pregnancy, packing up an entire house, move across country, unpacking an entire house and a late term miscarriage. They didn't do any formal school for about 3 1/2 months and they came through it just fine. [i think]:D

we missed all of last week due to the flu. so I was kinda losing my mind when they both had mild fevers last night and we got snow for the first time in YEARS last night.

somehow I squeaked school in today and it was a VICTORY!

hang in there. double up next week if you need and let them get better and let your mind come off the cliff.

if I can let another week go so can you

((HUGS))

Well, if it makes you feel any better, school was in the toilet here today, too. Every time I sat down, the phone rang (w/ someone I had to answer for) or the baby cried or 1yo looked like she needed to go to the bathroom NOW (out of diapers).

Also, if it makes you feel any better, friends of mine are *buying* a house. They're supposed to close in a couple of weeks, & they're buying *because* of the economy.

And finally, if it makes you feel any better, I can top showing a house when you're all sick. We'd just had a baby. Not a home birth, luckily, but birth center, so she was hours old. The realtor didn't get the mssg to take us off of the available list for a couple of days, & dh & I were napping, exhausted after an all-night affair. I tend to stay in bed w/ baby topless for the first day or so. It's just easier, kwim? Not to mention the *mess* everywhere--diapers, new baby stuff--that we'd just dropped between the front door & the bedroom.

:grouphug: Here's to better days. And remember, IT COULD BE WORSE. :lol: :001_huh: