Menu

I have 14 12-year olds over here right now....

It's my baby's birthday today. He's 12. We rarely have parties, but he wanted to have one (his first real party, actually) so I said sure.

Well.

Preteen girls...are they all this obnoxious? Because right now I could seriously stick a few cell phones down a few throats. Sheesh. They come to a party and all they can do is sit and text people? And the shrieking. And drama!

Lord give me strength....

BTW, the majority of the guests are boys. No problems there. I guess it's no wonder God gave me 5 sons, eh?

Ria (going off to the kitchen to help my one and only dd, home from college for spring break, make homemade raviolli...she's offended by these girls, too)

Yes -they are. We had a Christmas party with 13 of them and I wanted to spike my eggnog before it was over.

My 9 yo dd had an overnight party for her gymnastics team, and the preteens there used their phones to text all night. Some of them to my 15yo ds. He thinks they're nuts.

One of them did the cell phone thing. Oh, and one other was looking over he shoulder while she was texting. I thought it was odd and rude and annoying and I wanted to take the cell phone away. But hey, if she (they) wanted to spend their ice skating time sitting texting a boy, who was I to tell them tat their ice skating time was limited, they could text later.

Out of the 7 girls (including mine) that were at the party, 3 had their own cell phone, but happily only one had an issue with it.

Yes, they can be. I try not to mind the shrieking and giggling.

I DO mind the texting and constant phone calling, and I absolutely forbid it in my house at my party. There has been more than one occasion in which I have smilingly had a chat with a texter about manners and told her that my preference is that they shut off the electronic device at my house.

Yes, they can be. I try not to mind the shrieking and giggling.

I DO mind the texting and constant phone calling, and I absolutely forbid it in my house at my party. There has been more than one occasion in which I have smilingly had a chat with a texter about manners and told her that my preference is that they shut off the electronic device at my house.

Good thinking. Right now they are watching a movie downstairs, so I won't mess with the cell phones yet. But when they come up for cake, I'm going to do it. I am woman. I am strong. LOL.

Ria