Menu

Mindbenders Question

Grace

I have wanted to use the CD because I like the reward system, etc. The only problem is that it is not portable unless I lug around my laptop. The books are so light and easy to carry around. They come in handy when you are in a doctor's office waiting or a music class and it is not your turn. I find them to be wonderful ways of keeping my children busy when we are out and on the road. That is how I use the books.

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

I choose the CD version for the same reasons as Kinsa. In addition, I don't have to correct anything, and it is self-teaching because they continue to play the game until they get the right answer.

Beth, my older ds will be finishing A4 this year. Would the CD for the next level be the B1/B2? Would he get able to get through these and need the next set (B3/B4) in one year?

Yes, you can use the CD version with more that one user. We have three kids close in age so the CD version ends up being more economical for us. The CD version is fun, too! I did the first one A1 and A2 in two days. It was so addicting I had to finish it.

I also love that it gives my kids instant feedback. My ds used the book version for the first book, Warm-ups, and by the time I reviewed his work and got back to him for revision, he forgot what the lesson was about.

The CDs have a review feature so when my kids are done with a section I look at the problems and make them redo any that they scored less than 80% which probably means they were guessing instead of figuring it out.

The downside of the CD version is that your kids can keep guessing until they get the right answer. However, you can tell by their score that this is how they did the problem, so you need to monitor them at first.