Menu

Anyone have a Latex mattress?

Tap

We went mattress shopping this week and found we both really like the latex mattresses. Does anyone have one? Love it, hate it?

Any sales people out there who would really like to educate me on them vs inner spring mattresses? We know for certain don't want tempurpedic, memory foam, or a dial-a-bed.

Any websites you know of that compares brands? We live in a city so just about every brand is available to us.

I'm not a sales person at all. But I have slept on latex all my life. I had one when I was a child and when DH and I bought a new bed we got a latex mattress. I really love it, it's incredibly comfortable and they have a very long life too.

I actually have a severe latex allergy but as the mattress is well wrapped and topped by wool, it does not affect or bring on my allergy. And as far as I know it's not the cause of my allergy either, it was caused by a lot of surgeries as a child.

I'm not a sales person at all. But I have slept on latex all my life. I had one when I was a child and when DH and I bought a new bed we got a latex mattress. I really love it, it's incredibly comfortable and they have a very long life too.

I actually have a severe latex allergy but as the mattress is well wrapped and topped by wool, it does not affect or bring on my allergy. And as far as I know it's not the cause of my allergy either, it was caused by a lot of surgeries as a child.

Oh, good to know!

We have a foam mattress from IKEA, we love it, it was more comfortable to us than $2,000 mattresses and it was right around $600 for a King a few years ago (for headboard, frame, and mattresses!) I'm allergic to latex and polyester, I have no idea what the foam is made of but it's probably one of the two, but with a allergy cover (for the dust mites, I purchased it before I became allergic to latex and polyester) on the bed and 100% cotton sheets, I'm fine.

IKEA has a lot of different options from normal stores, and mattresses with varying degrees of firmness, I'd check them out before you spend a lot of money.

I had a natural latex mattress from IKEA that I absolutely loved. It was unfortunately destroyed in a move.

My current mattress is a Sealy artificial latex mattress. It is as comfortable as the natural latex, but is hotter - eg: if the room is hot, it doesn't stay as cool for sleeping, probably because it doesn't "breathe" like natural latex.

I didn't have the option to replace my destroyed mattress with another IKEA one, or I would have. They are really great mattresses at a great price.

asta

We have one that we absolutely love. The only one complaint I have with it is that the king size is split in half- so it is a little larger than 2 twin sizes put together. There is a seam in the middle of the mattress which gets out of sorts in between sheet changes if I'm not careful. I keep meaning to buy an extra topper to go on top, but haven't gotten to it yet, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal!

Here's the website that I used to decide:

http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/