Menu

I love shopping on Craigslist!!!!

Last week I replaced out destroyed (broken springs poking through cushions) sofa with a $75 Craigslist find - this morning I replaced the rest of my beat-up living room furniture with two oak-framed comfy morris chairs that match our 1900ish house!

Told hubby I'd skip getting contacts and stick to my glasses to cover the cost.

;)

If it was not for Craigslist I would NOT be able to replace this furniture!!!!

Now I have to train myself to STOP checking the furniture listings there several times a day!!!

PS - RC, since you reminded me about Craiglist you will have to come over and sit on my "new" stuff once I get it.

Edited by JFSinILnewme

Yeah, I told dh that we'd start buying used stuff to save some money when it comes to books, school, etc. I just happened to keep finding everything I was looking for for what I thought was a decent price. He told me no more for awhile. :D I did buy some used encyclopedias off of CL the other day!

Good for you! Great finds you can enjoy each and everyday.

We purchased a snow-blower for $50...off Craig's list and man, this has been the winter we needed it.:tongue_smilie:

Yesterday, a retired pampered chef lady was selling her stash....and I didn't check in time:crying:. Daily checking is very important!

We got our leather living room sectional with matching recliner on there brand new from a designer who was clearing out her inventory - we literally saved at least $2000. I also got my dining room set - a gorgeous inlaid burl-wood table with 6 matching chairs all with gorgeous, new looking padding (2 captains, even) for $200. The owner paid $4500 for the set 2 years prior and he had taken a bad picture of it, so no one called. He had to move and accepted our offer!

Also got a gorgeous designer desk on curvy wrought iron legs for my husband's office. It was easily a $1000 desk and we got it for $200. Still pricey, but it was what we were looking for and an obvious bargain to us.

Fun, fun, fun!!!

Good for you! Great finds you can enjoy each and everyday.

We purchased a snow-blower for $50...off Craig's list and man, this has been the winter we needed it.:tongue_smilie:

Yesterday, a retired pampered chef lady was selling her stash....and I didn't check in time:crying:. Daily checking is very important!

Oh yeah! I have my PC stash to sell off and I was planning on listing on CL today. It would be sweet if I could get it out of my house. :D