Menu

OK Which of You Censored the Library Book? :D

Spy Car

Too funny. My wife just arrived home with a copy of The Wanderings of Odysseus the follow up to Black Ships of Troy by the team of Rosemary Sutcliff and illustrator Alan Lee.

And inside all the pictures of "naked ladies" are neatly taped over with pieces of paper re-cycled from an announcement for a gathering called The War Against the Bible.

Feature talks:

The War Against Masculinity Anthony Kidd

The War Against the Masculine Mind Robert Scott

The War Against the Masculine Husband Dr Don Roberts

The War Against Masculine Fatherhood Carl A. Hargrove

The War Against the Masculine Leadership in the Church Alex Montoya

So who's going to fess up? This has "classical home-schooler" written all over it :lol:

Bill (who's pleased to report there is no permanant damage to anything, but my mind :tongue_smilie:)

Too funny. My wife just arrived home with a copy of The Wanderings of Odysseus the follow up to Black Ships of Troy by the team of Rosemary Sutcliff and illustrator Alan Lee.

And inside all the pictures of "naked ladies" are neatly taped over with pieces of paper re-cycled from an announcement for a gathering called The War Against the Bible.

Feature talks:

The War Against Masculinity Anthony Kidd

The War Against the Masculine Mind Robert Scott

The War Against the Masculine Husband Dr Don Roberts

The War Against Masculine Fatherhood Carl A. Hargrove

The War Against the Masculine Leadership in the Church Alex Montoya

So who's going to fess up? This has "classical home-schooler" written all over it :lol:

Bill (who's pleased to report there is no permanant damage to anything, but my mind :tongue_smilie:)

Well, it wasn't me (I would never censor a book....It goes against the very fabric of my being), but I'd like to know: Were the pieces of recycled paper cut into tiny little dresses or just haphazardly taped over the "important" parts?

Well, it wasn't me (I would never censor a book....It goes against the very fabric of my being), but I'd like to know: Were the pieces of recycled paper cut into tiny little dresses or just haphazardly taped over the "important" parts?

Very neatly folded and draped, with a hinged taping perfect for peek-a-boo.

Bill

You can borrow the uncensored copy from my library, we're reading it as well this week. You'd better not be the one who had most of the other ancient greek stuff on inter-library loan though. Then I'd have to hunt you down :-).

I got every juvenile re-telling of the Iliad or Odyssey in the whole-darn system.

*ducks*

Bill

I just handed my dds- ages 13 and 12 Black ships before troy...I didn't even think of offending art...I've actually read half of it, and I still don't remember any.

off to go get my library copy and take a peek...lol.

actually, at their ages, I would just let the chips fall where they may..now my boys aged 9...I could see myself taping things off!

snort; makes me think of something out of Anne of Green Gables book series, someone brought home a statue of a goddess from Europe, and then somebody else made a dress to put on it..:001_huh:

Very neatly folded and draped, with a hinged taping perfect for peek-a-boo.

Bill

ROFL!! This SO brings to mind a discussion we had in an art history course I took in college in which the question was posed whether it is more provocative in art to have someone fully nude, or to have them still retaining some articles of clothing, but mostly exposed. The general consensus was that fully nude was less provocative, as it mostly suggests an appreciation for the beauty of the human figure, whereas having the clothing present implies that it has been, is being, or is about to be removed, adding a sort of suggestive, illicit "peek-a-boo" factor to the piece. Also, it was decided that fig leaves call more attention to strategic locations than would be called there if there were no covering. It's like a bulls-eye or big neon arrow that says, "Look here for the naughty bits!"

Played Upwords with ds and dh tonight. At one point the only word ds could come up with was sh*t. Thankfully my younger ones were already tucked in. I tried *very* hard to help him come up with a different word, I really didn't want that on the board !!

In the end I had to ask where he had heard the word, and he said he read it "in an old fashioned book" ?!?!

So much for me not censoring everything in minute detail :001_huh:

Taped over a picture of a nekkid lady?

That's weird.

Yea. Princess Nausicaa.

So, did it pour in the valley all day today? It sure did up here.

Michelle T

There was a nice break in the day when it turned sunny, but now it's raining again. A god-send really, given how little rain we've had this year.

Bill