Menu

A friend is finalizing adoption of a 3 year old. I need small gift ideas.

I would get something for the sister as well. Perhaps something that is for both of them? I have boys the same ages (3 and 5), and here's some things they both like:

Tickets to the zoo that can be used when the weather is nice

An age appropriate board game (my boys the same ages can both play Hi Ho Cherry-O, for example)

An educational DVD like Leapfrog (if they watch videos)

Books, of course. My guys currently love their I Spy and Look Alikes Jr.

I always like when I buy a gift for the boys that they both enjoy. I think it also promotes a sense of 'family', you know? Congrats to your friend!

Maybe personalized. Something they can keep for a long time, with the date on it. My mom always likes to give silver piggy banks when kids are born. Some of them are made to be engravable, so you could put their name and/or date on them. It would be a fun keepsake they could keep, with the date they came to the family....

Do you knit or Crochet? I've never adopted but I always loved recieving handmade blankets and the like. I am teaching myself to crochet and plan on making a blanket for my nephew for his 1st birthday.

If you don't crochet/knit I still suggest something hand made. Maybe you could buy a photo album, decorate it and add their childs name to it.